Pick one player signed by Newcastle United for money...

Howaythelads

Scott Parker, I guess. I know I really underappreciated his contribution to the team. I was happy at the time exchanging Parker for Barton thinking that Barton offered more in central midfield----I remember a game against Man City in which Barton absolutely bossed Parker across the pitch ---  but he hasn't played for us.  I don't know what kind of influence Parker has / had in the clubhouse, but I'd expect that it wasn't negative.

I don't feel that bad about Milner because we were paid really well for him and he was never going to play at his current level with this club. Despite it all he had a great attitude, and so I wish him and Villa success-- with the Carling Cup and reaching the top four. Yeah, despite the signs and all that.

Maybe Faye (the second one, obviously). I understand he had a falling out with Keegan and the purchase of Bassong/Coloccini masked his absence somewhat. But we'd been much better with Beye - Bassong - Faye - Enrique rotating Taylor in and spending the Colo money elsewhere. But then that's besides the point, he obviously wasn't in any way a disappointment.

Bramble, maybe. Though the instability of the club, our poor midfield, and his reputation would've put him under enormous pressure. 

N'Zogbia

looking good for Wigan atm.

I'd also say Jenas, who is just the sort of athletic player who would walk into our side.

I'm glad you mentioned Jenas because I got fed up defending him on these pages. Fuck me, you would think it was a crime to appreciate a young midfielder with a good engine and ability to run with ball and without it.

He also has an even better ability to hide when he is needed to stand up and be counted.

That might be true, he wasn't the best, but it's one thing getting rid of players, it's another replacing them with someone better. Jenas, Duff, Milner and N'Zogbia all came in for grief from fans but they're all playing in the premier while we aren't.