"GET OUT OF OUR CLUB"

Crumpy Gunt

Guest WashyGeordie

Fiest things first, the Blaydon races is sung FAR too quickly. It should be sang like 'You'll never walk alone' , and 'Bluye Moon' when everybody can sing it at a slow pace, so eventually everybody can join in. AND it is san wrong. Instead of away we went alang collingwood street that's on the road to blaydon, we seem to think the first verse ends in the way the chorus does :dowie:

Also the atmosphere is sh**. My dad used to play rugby at novos (in longbenton, next to the ministry) and he said when newcastle scored or were singing all the rugby players would say oh thats the third goal or thats the fourth etc. This was the entertainer days. Fair enough the bowl shape may have played a  part, but still....

Agreed.

And i don't understand how we can't change it, all it needs is for a group in Level 7 or at an away game etc, to change the way we sing, then everyone else will. But everyone seems to be content with the ultra-fast paced singing when you can hardly breathe after it, and can't really understand it.

Some fans changed the way we sing 'oh when the mags' to a really slow starting 1st verse which slowly speeds up, and when it is done properly it sounds fantastic. So why can't we do it with 'our' song. I would love to be able to sing the blaydon races like 'i'm forever flowing bubbles' etc etc before a game. Even when the song comes on over the PA system, people still somehow manage to sing quicker than the song...

Guest toonlass

Fiest things first, the Blaydon races is sung FAR too quickly. It should be sang like 'You'll never walk alone' , and 'Bluye Moon' when everybody can sing it at a slow pace, so eventually everybody can join in. AND it is san wrong. Instead of away we went alang collingwood street that's on the road to blaydon, we seem to think the first verse ends in the way the chorus does :dowie:

Also the atmosphere is sh**. My dad used to play rugby at novos (in longbenton, next to the ministry) and he said when newcastle scored or were singing all the rugby players would say oh thats the third goal or thats the fourth etc. This was the entertainer days. Fair enough the bowl shape may have played a  part, but still....

Agreed.

And i don't understand how we can't change it, all it needs is for a group in Level 7 or at an away game etc, to change the way we sing, then everyone else will. But everyone seems to be content with the ultra-fast paced singing when you can hardly breathe after it, and can't really understand it.

Someone up the back of level 7 was banging on the wall behind him at the West Brom game during a song and slowed it down (can't remember which one). Maybe that should be done to help slow the songs down. Agree that songs are sang too fast and too often repeated.

Our repetoire is also shockingly boring. Its always Neeewwwcassstle and toon toon all the time. We need to bring back the old ones more. At the plymouth fa cup game i heard these fans sing 'follow follow follow' for 15 minutes straight. A good slow song with easy lyrics to understand in which everybody can join in, thats what you need for a better atmosphere. Songs that people are able to hear the words, and if other fans can hear, then the players can hear

Guest WashyGeordie

Our repetoire is also shockingly boring. Its always Neeewwwcassstle and toon toon all the time. We need to bring back the old ones more. At the plymouth fa cup game i heard these fans sing 'follow follow follow' for 15 minutes straight. A good slow song with easy lyrics to understand in which everybody can join in, thats what you need for a better atmosphere. Songs that people are able to hear the words, and if other fans can hear, then the players can hear

Follow, follow, follow,

We will follow the toon where they go

With a pint in wor hand

We'll travel the land

Following the toon where they gooo?

But yeah, some get sung in Level 7, but only Level 7 will hear them unfortunately compared to if it was started in the Gallowgate/SE Corner.

We have got variety in our songbook already aswell, but the problem is that we only sing a chant for like 20seconds, so then we start to repeat the songs when they've all been sung in the first 20mins.

Yeah i've noticed this. Its ashame, some of the best chants are the ones that get repeated again and again and again. The last one i remember is against liverl in december 2008. When the whole stadium sang:

Hello, hello we are the geordie boys. For about five minutes. Despite being 5-1 down. At least now fans are starting to get behind the team as soon as the opposition scores a la the old days.