West Brom 4 - 2 Newcastle United - 23/01/10 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

you treat a lot of Championship teams as if they are not as good as you, some of them are more or at least as successful as you, you do yourselves few favours.

Went to great little pub at Colourcoats with a fishing boat in the car park, best fish and chips I've had in ages.

Are you fucking real!!!! We ALL know we are not the best footballing side in the CCC but we are the best team that is why we are top. I think we have the most determined team in the CCC & a goalie & defence that is light years above all in this league.

The best chip I have seen in a while is on your shoulder :pow:

To the WBA fan, I was in front of the area where both penalty decisions were made (Bednar goin down for the first and Ameobi not getting awarded his). We saw it perfectly. Both decisions were 100% wrong. I was with 2 ipswich fans and a chelsea fan who thought the ref was terrible and a mansfield fan who watches non-league football every week and said it was the worst refereeing performance hed seen in his life. It was beyond a joke, but anyway Im not going to go on about it any more. Im based in Birmingham, so in an ideal world, Newcastle would win it and WBA and forest would follow us up, because i think they are the only 2 teams that would really offer something to the premiership. So, Ill put it down to one of those days- referee ruined the match completely but we now have to concentrate on the league and hope that these decisions will be evened out.

Not disagreeing that the ref gave us a few, but you have one or two divers yourself don't you! We all get games like that, the ref booked our players for two fouls on Monday, but it took five fouls, some of them worse before yours got booked, its swings and roundabouts!  

We have a couple of players who go to ground easily, Gutierrez being the main culprit, I will admit. However, on the subject of Saturdays game, when you have a ref like that there is genuinely nothing we could have done to win that game. As someone else said, take away your dodgy pen, the first goal, and the 3rd (given that shola should have had his) and the result looks different. The ref was horrendous, but enough winging. Im just pissed off for those who travelled down from Newcastle for that to happen. Anyway, I bear no grudges against WBA, they just got lucky on the day. Hopefully both us and you will go up and replace some of the anti-football merchants like Bolton and make a decent fist in the prem next season.

Guest Heneage

Who gives a shit if we 'Belittle sides.' If they can't think of anything good to chant back, with all our history then they need help.

you treat a lot of Championship teams as if they are not as good as you, some of them are more or at least as successful as you, you do yourselves few favours.

Went to great little pub at Colourcoats with a fishing boat in the car park, best fish and chips I've had in ages.

Are you f***ing real!!!! We ALL know we are not the best footballing side in the CCC but we are the best team that is why we are top. I think we have the most determined team in the CCC & a goalie & defence that is light years above all in this league.

I've watched a few of your games, hard not to with the Beeb/Sky love in, you have had more than your fair share of luck from what I have seen, but as you say, you are top, hope for your sake you are at the end of the season or you may be doing a Pompey!

Are you f***ing real!!!! We ALL know we are not the best footballing side in the CCC but we are the best team that is why we are top. I think we have the most determined team in the CCC & a goalie & defence that is light years above all in this league.

I've watched a few of your games, hard not to with the Beeb/Sky love in, you have had more than your fair share of luck from what I have seen, but as you say, you are top, hope for your sake you are at the end of the season or you may be doing a Pompey!

It must irritate you that all of the West Midlands teams are doing so well in the Premiership,whilst you ain't?

Guest toonlass

Ahhhhhh was waiting for this. Knew the green-eyed monster was lurking somewhere. Pure jealousy is what this troll is driven on. Probably feels sickened because no-one gives a toss about West Brom (not even their so-called fans if last Monday night's attendence is anything to go by) and because the media find Newcastle a more attractive prospect our fans "look down" on other teams.

What a load of bollocks. If you read this board at all you would have realised that on here you have a bunch of lads and lasses who are quite happy to admit our performances have been poor in general this season, and that we have ridden our luck a lot, but that is what makes the difference to table topping teams and also rans. However if you were at the game on Saturday, if you could be bothered to drag yourself away from Ikea and B&Q, or had bothered to make the journey up on monday (did your away following get lost on the way up? There seemed to be very few people there from your neck of the woods, shame as you were allocated over 2000 seats and yet only sold about 600) you would have seen two different referees deny Newcastle at least 4 stonewall penalties, a linesman who can obviously see through people to be able to give a goal and some of the most shameful play acting of injury whenever Newcastle had an attack going that I have ever seen. Add to that Jara blatently taking out our lad and getting away with it in the first game and it sums up our week tbh.

Its easy to take being beaten by the better team, but when you needed the ref and linesman to beat us then you really have nothing to gloat about do you?

yup. we know west brom are probably the best footballing side in the division, no question about that. it's not sour grapes on our part either getting beat at the weekend, you can take being beaten when you've been outplayed but when it's through bad refereeing and play acting it's difficult not to be a bit narked.