New Reserve Fixture

Guest Toon Wanderer

Guest Toon Wanderer

I see Newcastle Reserves have a new fixture. 20th November against Gateshead FC at their International Stadium.

Looks like Kieron Dyer, Olivier Bernard and Albert Luque will play.  :thup:

Could be a good time to see what Gateshead are like as a side.  blueyes.gif Games like these give them the money they need to continue as well.

Who is with me?

Guest smoggeordie

Gateshead will face a strong Newcastle United Reserve side on Monday 20th November at The International Stadium ahead of our FA Trophy tie at Workington the following Saturday.

A Newcastle side which should include Kieran Dyer and Olivier Bernard could also see several other players making a return from injury.

This match will also allow Gateshead to bring players such as Paul Thompson back into the side after injuries.

The match kicks off at 7:30pm with a good crowd expected.

Other Newcastle Untied Players in the squad could include: Fraser Forster, Mark Bertram, Kris Gate, Paul Huntington, David Edgar, James Troisi, Matty Pattison, Carl Finnigan, Albert Luque, Andy Carroll, Phil Cave, Kazenga LuaLua, Chris Shanks, Dean Critchlow and Alex Francis.

Ticket Prices to be confirmed asap.

Cheers mate, i'll certainly be there!

Don't we have a match come saturday vs arsenal,why will kieron play 2 games in 3 days?,at least luque will get the chance to score few more goals to "prove" himself,and bernard,well i gave up on him playing along time ago,the other team youngsters should do well,btw go the game,give gateshead some support,they might get somewhere, is paul talbot still playing there?

We also have a home game on Thursday 23rd against Celta Vigo in the UEFA Cup, I would guess that Roeder wouldn't risk any of the bigger named players as he will probably want to use them in that game.  Particularly when he has been harping on about how tired the players are as they have to play 2 games a week till the end of the year.

Guest Toon Wanderer

is paul talbot still playing there?

Talbot made his 100th appearance last Saturday, but the game last night through illness.

Gateshead also have Craig Baxter and Nicky Deverdics in their squad. Both played last night.

Gateshead will face a strong Newcastle United Reserve side on Monday 20th November at The International Stadium ahead of our FA Trophy tie at Workington the following Saturday.

A Newcastle side which should include Kieran Dyer and Olivier Bernard could also see several other players making a return from injury.

This match will also allow Gateshead to bring players such as Paul Thompson back into the side after injuries.

The match kicks off at 7:30pm with a good crowd expected.

Other Newcastle Untied Players in the squad could include: Fraser Forster, Mark Bertram, Kris Gate, Paul Huntington, David Edgar, James Troisi, Matty Pattison, Carl Finnigan, Albert Luque, Andy Carroll, Phil Cave, Kazenga LuaLua, Chris Shanks, Dean Critchlow and Alex Francis.

Ticket Prices to be confirmed asap.

Cheers mate, i'll certainly be there!

So you should be, being in the squad n all that!!  :lol:

Guest theunis

Hell think the reserv team games are more fun to watch that the 1st team games. but some class in the side should make for some good viewing

Guest Toon Wanderer

Just looked at the Gateshead site again for ticket details and it's only £4 for adults and £2 for concessions (which I imagine includes oaps, students, youngsters).

Guest Toon Wanderer

That has to be the final kick in the teeth. Included in a reserve side against Gateshead. Jesus wept.

That's optimistic! Better to play in a Reserve game than not playing at all.

Guest Toon Wanderer

I go to watch Gateshead a lot of the time as I cant get tickets for Newcastle (and sometimes I just dont want to). They might not win all the time but the supporters have a laugh every match. It's a shame they dont attract more people really.

Agreed,at least if he scores goals he (or they..) will improve their case

To be honest,these days i am more intrested in the reserve's then the first team,where else can u see a newcastle side winning!

Maybe Lee Clark isn't so shit after all ;)

Roeder out, Clark in :D

Guest Toon Wanderer

How's David Southern doing?

He scored his 14th goal in 23 matches last night. He's the third top scorer in the UniBond League with 11 (plus 3 in cups).

Guest Toon Wanderer

A good crowd will do Gateshead wonders. Especially if some of the non-regulars decide we're not that bad and come back to watch us whenever they can. All part-time supporters welcome!

Guest Toon Wanderer

Many thanks to the Newcastle supporters who came last night. I've been told the crowd was 302. I hope you'll all think about coming to watch us in the league this season. It's not bad football (especially if we play our first team).