What other country/city would you like to have been born/lived in?

Parky

Canada, Toronto or nearby Hamilton which is a similar size as Newcastle (maybe a little bigger) and also has a previouse record of Ship building, and I'm also lead to believe coal mining aswell.

Infact one day I hope to Emmigrate there, Canada has that feel good factor (I'm in a special place) feeling that only Newcastle has aswell.

Krakow.  Women are lovely and the booze is dirt cheap and the nights out excellent.

Interesting... I have some Polish heritage, yet never been. Summer 2010 sounds like the perfect time!

I've already lived in a quite a few of the cities that had sparked my curiosity.

Of places I've visited and now wish I had an excuse to spend a little time getting to know properly... I'd like to spend a few months in Helsinki or Vienna, San Sebastian seemed a good place, and I really wish I could go back to Fez (I go to Morocco a lot but usually to Marrakech or Casablanca).

Of places I've never been to... Cairo, Istanbul, Manaus in Brazil, and maybe Shanghai.

I've already lived in a quite a few of the cities that had sparked my curiosity.

Of places I've visited and now wish I had an excuse to spend a little time getting to know properly... I'd like to spend a few months in Helsinki or Vienna, San Sebastian seemed a good place, and I really wish I could go back to Fez (I go to Morocco a lot but usually to Marrakech or Casablanca).

Of places I've never been to... Cairo, Istanbul, Manaus in Brazil, and maybe Shanghai.

Love Finland, been 3 times. A few days in Helsinki and then out into the Lakes for some bbq'd raindeer and beer. Very peaceful and strangely magical contryside.

Love Finland, been 3 times. A few days in Helsinki and then out into the Lakes for some bbq'd raindeer and beer. Very peaceful and strangely magical contryside.

I never left the centre of Helsinki, and hardly even saw any daylight – it was midwinter, bitterly cold, and my purpose there involved a lot of hardcore clubbing. But I liked the vaguely gothic atmosphere of the place, and I met a load of really interesting people. All the conversations were about something, in situations where in most places you'd normally just expect small talk. I also get fascinated by small, unique cultures... Hungarians, Basques, Finns. I'd now like to go to this huge tango festival they have in Finland, and travel up to the Arctic Circle.

Rio for me.  :clap2: :smitten:

You a fan of getting mugged? Not being able to show you are wealthy if indeed you are? and mass inequality?

If i had had a decent bank balance would love to an Argentine living in Buenos Aires. Fucking love that place.

I never left the centre of Helsinki, and hardly even saw any daylight – it was midwinter, bitterly cold, and my purpose there involved a lot of hardcore clubbing. But I liked the vaguely gothic atmosphere of the place, and I met a load of really interesting people. All the conversations were about something, in situations where in most places you'd normally just expect small talk. I also get fascinated by small, unique cultures... Hungarians, Basques, Finns. I'd now like to go to this huge tango festival they have in Finland, and travel up to the Arctic Circle.

Finns are lovely people to be sure. Seconded om the small unique culture thing been in the Czech Republic (not so small really) a bit last year and got out into the backwoods 50/60k out of Prague...Wow!! Those little villages still kinda doing their own thing and little rituals and icons everywhere...Drinking clubs etc (no bars).

There was a guru from India living in one of the villages with a strange mix of hindu mysticism combined with some wierd local Catholacism..These are all things that I don't want the EU to wipe out. Btw get out into the Fin countryside where a bar can be found in the middle of nowhere where people come in from the woods and drink for 3/4 days....

You a fan of getting mugged? Not being able to show you are wealthy if indeed you are? and mass inequality?

If i had had a decent bank balance would love to an Argentine living in Buenos Aires. Fucking love that place.

Everyone who goes to Rio comes back changed somehow.

Everyone who goes to Rio comes back changed somehow.

Don't get me wrong i really enjoyed being there but couldn't live there. Brasil is unnecessarily expensive compared to other Sth American countries too, especially baring in mind its the same good you are paying 2 or 3 times the same amount for, although i believe Brasil has stupid import tax rules without knowing much about it.

I also think about which cities I would like to have lived in WHEN...

If you could travel in time... Los Angeles in the 1940s, Lisbon during World War II, San Francisco in the late 50s/early 60s, Tangier in the 50s, Berlin in the 20s, Budapest around 1900.

Finns are lovely people to be sure. Seconded om the small unique culture thing been in the Czech Republic (not so small really) a bit last year and got out into the backwoods 50/60k out of Prague...Wow!! Those little villages still kinda doing their own thing and little rituals and icons everywhere...Drinking clubs etc (no bars).

There was a guru from India living in one of the villages with a strange mix of hindu mysticism combined with some wierd local Catholacism..These are all things that I don't want the EU to wipe out. Btw get out into the Fin countryside where a bar can be found in the middle of nowhere where people come in from the woods and drink for 3/4 days....

The Czechs are part of bigger Slav culture, though. Hungarians or Finns are really on their own. I know what you mean about the weirdness of rural culture in that part of the world, though. It seeps back into town, too. In Budapest everyone had some relative in the country, and that relative usually possessed an illegal still, and so there were bottles of lethal házipálinka being passed around at every party.

In Prague there were (mid-90s) loads of people who dressed up in camo gear and disappeared off into the woods for the weekend. The trains would be full of them coming home on a summery Sunday evening.