Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

I am still in a bit of shock, so out of the blue and I said about 2 hours ago we should hijack Boros move for him :lol: he is quick, direct & loves to beat fullbacks, maybe did not do as well as people first thought he would do when he was at Palace BUT still a great signing for us.

anyone seen him play recently?

I remember he looked a very promising player back when he was at Palace a couple years but he seemed to have lost his way completely  since he moved on.

I guess he's done well for QPR this season......with us and a few other clubs having bid for him.Good thing is that he's still only 25 so has time on his side to get better.

He was only edged out at Spurs by Lennon.

Got to have Nolan in the middle i know he is a fat overweight pudding but hes our top scorer and much more of a goal threat than useless guthrie

The same Guthrie who has created more league goals than anyone else in our squad?

This.  Nolan was diabolical in the 2-2 with WBA.

Nolan's been diabolical most of the season tbh, it's the fact that the goals have dried up that makes it even worse.

This. In the same way as Shola. We're too scared to drop both of them as they've scored goals, but they add nothing else to the team and prevent us playing football that might lead to any number more.

So who would you replace Shola with?

Got to have Nolan in the middle i know he is a fat overweight pudding but hes our top scorer and much more of a goal threat than useless guthrie

The same Guthrie who has created more league goals than anyone else in our squad?

Nolan's been diabolical most of the season tbh, it's the fact that the goals have dried up that makes it even worse.

All too true.

This. In the same way as Shola. We're too scared to drop both of them as they've scored goals, but they add nothing else to the team and prevent us playing football that might lead to any number more.

So who would you replace Shola with?

I'd hope a new striker, alongside Lovenkrands. Although I fear that may be asking too much.

from FMTTM:

Typical Boro fan reaction, any player that snubs us or moves on isn't good enough for us

Don't kid yourselves, he would of made us better. You lot are deluded if you think he's not good enough for us, we are XXXXXXing awful.

It's all ok though because we have loads of local youngsters and Steve Gibson who deserves blind faith.

Newsflash: Newcastle are going up, we are not and we won't be for a long time

Fair dues, but for the time being - Shola is the best man to partner Lovenkrands.

Should do well for us. Always thought he was a decent player and was a bit surprised it never worked out for him at Spurs or Villa, you'd have thought he was just the right sort of player for them. All in all this is turning out to be a pretty active transfer window.

Anyone else got a mental image of Strachan bouncing off the walls down at t'riverside like Yosemite Sam??

Woah, love out of the blue signings.

This one is a good one as well for our position. Yes he's had his fair share of clubs and is a bit tempremental but hopefully he sees this as his real last chance at a big club (which we are when were in the prem) and to make a real impact on the game.

Simpson, Williamson, Routledge, if only we managed to get Beckford as well; that would be some serious winter shopping for us.

Feeling a lot more optimistic for the end of the season now. If we go up he's someone who could come off the bench and run a defenders on the right or left, hopefully though he does enough to command a 1st team spot and that thought is just a safety thought.

from FMTTM:

Typical Boro fan reaction, any player that snubs us or moves on isn't good enough for us

Don't kid yourselves, he would of made us better. You lot are deluded if you think he's not good enough for us, we are XXXXXXing awful.

It's all ok though because we have loads of local youngsters and Steve Gibson who deserves blind faith.

Newsflash: Newcastle are going up, we are not and we won't be for a long time

:lol: classic

Couple of encouraging things about this transfer.

1 - He wanted to join us.

2 - We seem to actually know our weaknesses and be trying to address them.

3 - The club didn't just say 'we've got Pancrate for the right, that's it'... they saw he was terrible and went out and bought someone.

4 - It was under the radar.

Hate to give them credit, but still.

:clap:

Credit to Hughton and co on this one. For once a player that will actually benefit the team.

Completely out of the blue, this has actually put a smile on my face.

We have two pacy wingers now  :frantic:

:clap:

Credit to Hughton and co on this one. For once a player that will actually benefit the team.

Completely out of the blue, this has actually put a smile on my face.

We have two pacy wingers now  :frantic:

its  :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: aint it