Good places to go in UK for a weekend?

Leazes1986

I've just been to Blackpool with the significant other for a few days and really enjoyed it (although that was more down to the nice hotel and Prodigy gig than owt else). We're wanting to go somewhere else in the UK later in the year but not sure where yet. People have suggested Blackpool when the lights are on, Edinburgh, Leeds and York. Anyone got any other recommendations or would anyone else recommend them? Whats the best time of year as well? I'm away to Glastonbury at the end of June, Milton Keynes for a weekend in July (Prodigy again), and Turkey in August.

If i'm being sensible I should be waiting until after August when I've got everything else out of the way so i'm not pressured for even more money. Basically looking for somewhere where theres things to do, decent places to visit and a decent nightlife as well. I'm not after somewhere like the Lakes though or anywhere quiet like that. Fancy a weekend in a decent city.

I went to York with me lass in the summer, stayed at the Royal York Hotel, the place, the people, the food, the (even) weather was excellent.

Stayed at the westmoreland hotel near Penrith, Cumbria, Valentines last year and that was lovely as well. Farmers markets, and country stuff like that, and the most amazing cooked breakfast i ever had (all of ir fresh from the farm the hotel owned)

Thinking of London or Edinburgh for this Valentines weekend, not sure which.

Blackpool is an utter shit hole.

This. What the hell's wrong with you?

What the hells wrong with me?  :lol: Nowt. I went there and stopped in a really nice hotel for 2 nights and went to see The Prodigy. Thats what made my weekend brilliant. I didn't do much other than relax in the hotel, have meals and get pissed. There wasn't much sight seeing. I had a good walk around the town and that was a big shithole and the people there were in general absolute cunts. I'm looking for somewhere good to go later in the year though so I'm asking you lot :lol:

I did GM, really nice hotel & think it's quite well priced anyway, loads of decent bars/clubs/restaurants round there n all.

Was looking at going there this weekend, but decided to go to another one nearer the city centre. Will take a look at that another time. Cheers. :thup:

Does anyone know if Milton Keynes is a decent place? Spending 2 nights there in July and haven't heard anyone really talk about the place at all.

It's a dump. They've got some decent venues and facilities there but you probably couldn't find a more soulless place in the whole country. Even shitholes like Blackpool and Portsmoouth have a bit of life about them. For the sort of people you are likely to meet just watch an episode of any police camera show. They are bound to turn up in MK eventually.

Does anyone know if Milton Keynes is a decent place? Spending 2 nights there in July and haven't heard anyone really talk about the place at all.

:lol: Funniest post ever...assuming you're being sardonic. :lol: