Obi told: Get out of Toon quick

Guest eyeball_tickler

Guest eyeball_tickler

OBAFEMI MARTINS has been told to quit Newcastle — before it is too late.

Nigerian FA chief Waidi Akanni reckons the £10million hitman made a mistake joining Toon from Inter Milan last summer.

He insists Martins, who could return from a hamstring injury at Arsenal on Saturday, should jump ship before Glenn Roeder’s side get relegated.

Akanni said: “Martins should have moved to a winning team in the Premiership — not a struggling side like Newcastle. If something is not done urgently, his career might suffer.”

Martins, 22, has been plagued by injuries since his move and has scored only once in 10 games.

Akanni added: “Martins has not been playing well, everybody can see that.

“The Premiership is a tough league and for a player to come from Serie A to England and not play well is really disturbing.

“After a year or two, the club might want to dump such a player.

“I only hope Newcastle can come up with a winning strategy so Obafemi can raise his game and save his career.

“Otherwise, if Newcastle go down, he would have to look elsewhere — and I’m not sure any Premiership side would want to look his way as he has not been playing well.”

Toon boss Roeder wants fans to be patient with Martins — as Arsenal were with Thierry Henry.

Martins has yet to convince the Toon Army he is worthy of Alan Shearer’s old No 9 shirt.

But Roeder said: “I’ve seen enough of Oba in training and games to have complete faith in him.

“He’s only 22, he’s come from Italy and a different culture and we have to be more tolerant as far as he is concerned.

“Henry did not have an immediate impact when he joined Arsenal but Arsene Wenger was patient with him and the rest, as they say, is history.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006530068,00.html

Supporting the toon is depressing business these days. Roeder out already ffs.

“Henry did not have an immediate impact when he joined Arsenal but Arsene Wenger was patient with him and the rest, as they say, is history.”

Fucking hypocrite.

Fucking hypocrite.

Only Henry had Wenger in his corner, so Martins probably is fuked.

Guest Ridzuan

Why only talk about Martins.Babayaro is a nigerian too,that means he should be jumping to another ship as well before its too late.This Nigerian FA guy only cares about his star players.

Why only talk about Martins.Babayaro is a nigerian too,that means he should be jumping to another ship as well before its too late.This Nigerian FA guy only cares about his star players.

And?

Babayaro is shite, he deserves to be relegated, three times over imo.

This isn't meant as a defence of Roeder, but no one asked this fucker his opinion and it would be better if he shut his gob.

Oba's "career might suffer" or already has suffered from the incompetence of his own bloody FA who embarass him by registering as 5 years older than he is.  After that debacle you would think they might tread carefully. 

Guest Moe-Ali

Read this one a few weeks back on the Nigerian FA site.

And i didnt like the way the man was speaking.

Although i dont think it was a mistake of his to join the magpies,

i can understand that view....hes a good striker, hes young, and he wants to enjoy success.

Just look at our position in the table.

I hope you all understand the point i am trying to get across.

****ing hypocrite.

Double standards.

Thats the last thing we need now,the NIGERIEN FA speaking about our players-team,i guess when a (big?) team falls everyone wants to have a shot at it,all we know is that every nigerian player who played for us was full of shite,babayaro,martins,(ameobi?)

Roeders henry quote,for crying out loud,u have luque who's case is alot like henry,and u don't even make him travel with the club,while martins,who i think will do us good only when its time for the next olympics,is not really a football,he is a physical fellow who can't kick a ball,yet u paid him 10 million!

funnley enough this is what roeder is telling luque everday :lol:

This bloke is just the head of a Football Association, and his opinion about a player is no more valid than Sepp Blatter's or Brian Barwick's. He's not an expert or a professional on matters on the pitch. It's completely ridiculous for him to make comments about Martins' career being ruined when he's only played half a dozen games for us. He's just making himself look stupid.

Yip but that is his opinion so that is that as long as he does not start influencing our players :)

Its sounds like that is what he is trying to do, what an arsehole he is!

NIGERIA FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION

146-148, Ogunlana Drive

SURULERE, LAGOS

Telephone Number: 234-1-5851970

Telefax Number: 234-1-5851970

Telex Number: 26570 nfa ng

Cable Address: Football Lagos

mailto:[email protected]

“I only hope Newcastle can come up with a winning strategy so Obafemi can raise his game and save his career.

“Otherwise, if Newcastle go down, he would have to look elsewhere — and I’m not sure any Premiership side would want to look his way as he has not been playing well.”

He has a point there.

Yip but that is his opinion so that is that as long as he does not start influencing our players :)

146-148, Ogunlana Drive

SURULERE, LAGOS

Yeah man, let's start a campaign  bluebigrazz.gif

146-148, Ogunlana Drive

SURULERE, LAGOS

Yeah man, let's start a campaign  bluebigrazz.gif

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif  :thup:

146-148, Ogunlana Drive

SURULERE, LAGOS

Alternatively just reply to one of those emails you got from his various family members...

I don't see why people are getting upset? those comments are fair enough... the signing of souness showed the ambitions of this club, the replacement roeder, salt in the wound. 

the problem with NUFC is that we think we can just chuck money at problems, we have pissed away so much money it is not funny, we have become a disgrace, an embarasement.

players like Martins & Luque are a luxury, they need to be playing in a side that can play to their advantages, not a side desperate to score goals to stay up.

at the same time i feel we have the players to be a great side, but the club/management is incapable of knowing what to do with them...

players like Martins & Luque are a luxury, they need to be playing in a side that can play to their advantages, not a side desperate to score goals to stay up.

On the contrary, I think its players like them who could save us from relegation. They are the ones who can still up their game a notch without too much effort, unlike the players most relegated sides have who work their nads off and give 110%, but are still not good enough.