Leicester City Vs. Newcastle United Sat. Jan 30th 2010 17:20 KO Live on SKY

Fenham Mag

Harper

Taylor - Williamson - Coloccini - Kadar

Routledge - Guthrie - Smith - Nolan - Jonas

Ranger

Controversial as i don't really wanna drop Lovenkrands, but him and Carroll together are just so meh. I'd give Ranger a chance to push on from a good performance the other night and he's looked good up top on his own.

I would agree with Ranger up front, although there is something be said by maybe playing 442 with Ranger and Carrol up front and bringing Lovenkrands on later in the game when their defense is tiring.

Guest neesy111

nobby to score in last minute for them, and show ronaldo right up

You'd probably prefer that to a win, but it wont happen.

nah, thought it might prevoke a response though hehe

Guest neesy111

Harper

R Taylor

Coloccini

Williamson

Van Haulage

Routledge

Smith

Nolan

Gutierrez

Lovenkrands

Ameobi

1-2.

shola's out

Loven should be our first choice always out of the current lot.

If he was played consistantly he'd be our best striker by a way i reckon. His movement is much better than the rest, combined with pace and he'll always give you chances.

I'm actually excited about this game. Leicesters form has taken a massive dip lately and they haven't been scoring many goals either. We were fortunate to escape SJP with the 1 nil win early on in the season. Hopefully Guthers can reproduce hes fantastic goal  :smitten:

Harper             

R.Taylor-Colo-Williamson-Van Aanholt

Routledge-Smith-Guthrie-Jonas-

Nolan

Carroll  (altho i would prefer Nile upfront. He will be beaming with confidence after hes goal against Palace but i just feel CH will op for Carroll instead)

I think tis essential we play players in their position. Even if they have just joined the club. This team is more than capable of seeing off Leicester and scoring a few in the progress. 2-1 or 3-1 Newcastle win

Loven should be our first choice always out of the current lot.

If he was played consistantly he'd be our best striker by a way i reckon. His movement is much better than the rest, combined with pace and he'll always give you chances.

To get the best out of Loven you need someone who can spot a clever through ball which he can run onto. That's not how we play and probably why Loven hasn't figured as much as he should have.

Aye Lovenkrands' positioning is very good. He's one of few who knows where to be in the box, when the balls out on the flank. Whether to hang back or go to the near post, etc. Plus he can also master this thing known as the 'diagonal run' - something lost on our other strikers.

-------------------------Harper--------------------

Taylor------Williamson------Colo--------Van Basten

Routledge--Guthrie--------Smith--------Jonas

----------------Carroll-------Lovenkrands---------

Thats how I'd go. I know it will never happen and Nolan has scored some vital goals for us this season but he has been very poor recently and to get the best out of him we would need to work the system around him. Would definitely start Jonas, Routledge and Loven though for their pace. The thought of them 3 on the counter attack with their pace, plus the prospect of Jonas and Loven linking up on the left side of the pitch and Guthrie in the middle with his ability to create chances (and the fact he has legs unlike Nolan) excites me a lot more than any other team we could put out tomorrow

I actually think theres a slight chance Hughton might go:

-----------------------Harper-----------------------

Taylor-------Colo-----------Williamson------Van Basten

Guthrie--------Nolan-------Smith-------Jonas

----------------------Routledge-----------------

---------------------Carroll------------------

Me:

Harper

Taylor  Coloccini  Williamson  Van Aaholt

Routledge  Guthrie  Smith    Jonas

Ranger  Loven

Hughton:

Harper

Taylor  Coloccini  Williamson  Van Aaholt

Routledge  Nolan    Smith    Jonas

Carroll  Loven

I'm quite confused as to why people would pick Carroll ahead of Ranger. Not that i don't cringe at the ridiculous hype for Ranger but he's comfortably a better footballer than Carroll.

ok, we get it.. shut up

.. and surely Kadar will play instead of Van Aaaghnehg..

I'm quite confused as to why people would pick Carroll ahead of Ranger. Not that i don't cringe at the ridiculous hype for Ranger but he's comfortably a better footballer than Carroll.

Carroll wins a lot of balls in the air and I think he would be a more effective partner for Lovenkrands with flick ons. I like Ranger but I do think Carroll is a bigger goal threat at this stage. People will argue and say Ranger has 2 league goals and Carroll has 4 but I don't think Ranger would have scored many more if he had started all of the time.

How many goals have got this season because of aerial flick ons from Carroll?

We lost the ball about 30 times against Palace by playing the long ball to the lad and him heading it to absolutely nowhere.

would you not say that Carroll is a bigger goal threat than Ranger at this point in time though? he has 6 this season compared to Ranger's 2.

I don't really think either are goal threats, but Carroll must have started 4 times more games than Ranger.

I think it's pretty obvious which one has the potential to be a number 9 for us, he should be getting the nod out of the two of them.

I agree, I'd like to see Ranger play this one. But I can also see why people would pick Carroll, despite his limitations he always puts himself about and makes it awkward for defenders. Ranger is still a bit inhibited on the pitch and can go missing a little more.

How many goals have got this season because of aerial flick ons from Carroll?

We lost the ball about 30 times against Palace by playing the long ball to the lad and him heading it to absolutely nowhere.

I don't know but Carroll wins an awful lot in the air and he's not been helped by the fact he's been flicking it on to the likes of Kevin Nolan. He hasn't had Lovenkrands alongside him very often. I don't like the long ball system at all and we shouldn't use it. I'd like to think that Taylor and Routledge can offer us some service down the right tomorrow, and if Taylor can put a couple of balls in the air then I'd have considence in Carroll getting on the end of it. A lot of the time this season we've resorted to the long hoof or hoping Jonas and Enrique can create something. Now we should have that extra bit of serice down the right. Routledge and Taylor is potentially a lot more creative down the right side than Simpson and Guthrie (who I really like but he's not a winger).