Fenham Mag

Harper

Kadar      Williamson    Coloccini    Van Aanholt

Smith

Guthrie

Routledge                                            Jonas

Nolan

Carroll

Is something like the line up i expect. I'd prefer Ranger and Lovenkrands to start up front but i expect Hughton to have a tight starting 11.

Kadar ahead of Taylor?

Ryan Taylor? Yes, Taylor is a massive liability. Where as i think Kadar's a good defender.

EDIT: Although, if Taylor is ok, i think Hughton might plump for him in place of the new lad.

Ronaldo your view of Carroll baffles me.

Yes, we haven't scored many goals from flick ons from Carroll, but neither have we from Ameobi or Harewood when he was here, thats not the issue, its playing the long ball at all.

Play it along the deck and still play Carroll with Lover, then you'll get some results. Cant play Ranger yet, waste of a position....and a one we're f**king struggling in to be honest.

Carroll does the first bit right, by winning the headers but often fails to do anything with it.

It doesn't help the fact that his headers have to be near perfect to reach a team mate, as the midfield is generally nowhere to be seen.

OK he's not brilliant on the deck, but he's better than that 27 year old piece of crap we've been employing for 10 years too many!

Ameobi is the cause of the vast majority of our problems when we play,not least because we aim for him as he's made the target man,often the lone striker, so everything goes to him.....he cant control, or turn, or pass, or create!

We are a terrible side with him in the team and not just because he is woeful, but because we seem to only go through this oweful excuse for a footballer. Hes an absolute DONKEY, how can no one see that?! Carroll is much better. Change tactics, tell them, no long balls,play football, pass it around,get in behind anyway you can, try different things....then we'd be  amuch better side,and Carroll would be extremely more able than Ameobi would. Loop a few balls into the only Newcastle player in the box and of course he's going to score if he gets enough chances...even with his windmill flailing legs!

.....................*exhale*

Rant Over

Of course AC is not a real goal threat, his shooting is woeful & as the numbers above say he is averaging 1 goal every 4 games  compared to say Harewood who was 1 in 3 but AC is the striker with the most assists. He is also quite handy defending set plays.

Shola is 28.

He also has 7 goals in 9 league games, compared to Carroll's 4 in 20. :rolleyes:

I hope that one day you will sit up in realisation, or look back when a similar subject is brought up and think to yourself 'how on earth could I have had these views?'

Otherwise I worry about your opinion and attitudes towards the more important things in life. I hope you don't get them as wrong.

I think Carroll alongside Lovenkrands withj Routledge and Jonas on the wings and Guthrie in the middle would get the best out of Lovenkrands and I think Carroll would be a lot more productive in front of goal with some pace (allowing more space for him) and more creativity. That is of course if we didn't play the hoof game.

Shola is 28.

He also has 7 goals in 9 league games, compared to Carroll's 4 in 20. :rolleyes:

I hope that one day you will sit up in realisation, or look back when a similar subject is brought up and think to yourself 'how on earth could I have had these views?'

Otherwise I worry about your opinion and attitudes towards the more important things in life. I hope you don't get them as wrong.

Views? They're facts man, wake up.

OK he's not brilliant on the deck, but he's better than that 27 year old piece of crap we've been employing for 10 years too many!

Ameobi is the cause of the vast majority of our problems when we play,not least because we aim for him as he's made the target man,often the lone striker, so everything goes to him.....he cant control, or turn, or pass, or create!

We are a terrible side with him in the team and not just because he is woeful, but because we seem to only go through this oweful excuse for a footballer. Hes an absolute DONKEY, how can no one see that?! Carroll is much better. Change tactics, tell them, no long balls,play football, pass it around,get in behind anyway you can, try different things....then we'd be  amuch better side,and Carroll would be extremely more able than Ameobi would. Loop a few balls into the only Newcastle player in the box and of course he's going to score if he gets enough chances...even with his windmill flailing legs!

.....................*exhale*

Rant Over

No he isn't, although it suits a lot of people to think so.

Guest Heneage

In the wake of our two signings, would anyone be changing our starting line up?

I'd look for something like;

Harper

Taylor            Williamson      Coloccini    VanArnie

Routledge        Guthrie          Smith        Jonas

Carroll            Loven

Bench of

Krul, Kadar, Hall, Nolan, LuaLua, Ranger, Pancrate

In the wake of our two signings, would anyone be changing our starting line up?

I'd look for something like;

Harper

Taylor             Williamson      Coloccini    VanArnie

Routledge        Guthrie           Smith        Jonas

Carroll             Loven

Bench of

Krul, Kadar, Hall, Nolan, LuaLua, Ranger, Pancrate

Hughton won't drop Nolan yet imo. But I think if he plays for another 3 or 4 games like he's done recently he will be dropped.

Another thing that the signings of Routledge and possibly Moses do is make it an even bigger possibility that we won't see much of Nicky Butt again. The signing of Routledge means that Guthrie won't play out wide much anymore therefore he will either be in the middle or he will be first choice to step in for Nolan or Smith if they are out. Unless we get more injuries I can't see where Butt is gonna get in anymore with him being 5th choice when Barton is back (we hope anyway). If we signed Moses it would give us more options to use different systems as well.

I think Carroll alongside Lovenkrands withj Routledge and Jonas on the wings and Guthrie in the middle would get the best out of Lovenkrands and I think Carroll would be a lot more productive in front of goal with some pace (allowing more space for him) and more creativity. That is of course if we didn't play the hoof game.

I'm with you, I can't see Loven or Carroll not scoring with that set up. This will more than likely bring out the best in Peter, we all know he has the talent. Our strikers haven't really had much to work on and often fight for scraps, I think that's all going to change.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'd like to see

Harper

Taylor        Williamson  Coloccini        Kadar

Routledge     Guthrie      Smith ©      Jonas

Carroll          Lovenkrands

Subs- Krul, Van Arnie, Hall,  Butt, Pancrate, Nolan, Ranger

That way we should keep the ball better in the middle of the park with Guthrie added in place of Nolan, with Routledge wide right we'd have an even threat on the flanks. Lovenkrands would have many more chances to score with extra creativity behind him (Jonas, Guthrie, Routledge) and Carroll would use his physical presence to gain flick ons etc.

would you not say that Carroll is a bigger goal threat than Ranger at this point in time though? he has 6 this season compared to Ranger's 2.

I suggest you look at how much football time the two have had, no forward at this club has played as much first team football as Carroll.