Newcastle are the 3rd best supported team in Scotland

Stifler

Be surprised if that was true, isn't there some sort of affinity between Celtic/Liverpool and Rangers/Chelsea?  Although I guess if it's only people's first club anything's possible, given that the sample size for football fans in Scotland who haven't picked one or the other is probably pretty small.

Bollocks to be fair. We have a decent support up there, but certainly not as many fans as Man Utd, Liverpool and teams like Everton. Not to mention Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs.

so if hearts get 18000,.....acording to SMBs,...more than 18000 jocks are in our crowd.

they will come up with a million theories as to why we get more fans than them, everyone avoiding the truth....we are simply a bigger club, from a better city.

Having spent a fair while around there, I see more of our colours than I do any other outside the Old Firm. I possibly even see more of us than Hibs or Hearts in Edinburgh specifically - central Edinburgh, at least... Probably tourists, to be fair...

Who cares anyway? I thought glory hunters were bad?

:laugh:

Must be a hangover from Calvinism, kids in Essex grow up and start supporting Man U so they can celebrate every year, kids in Glasgow start supporting us so they can moan and be dour all the time

http://www.robertwilson.talktalk.net/ScottishMags/1-awardgallery-POTYA.html

Hopefully their player of the year this season will be Coloccini.

The last 4 MOTS awards have all left within 18 months. Bassong the shortest at a few weeks and Milner the longest. Parker and Habib the others so we'll be happily swayed to generously award this years to Shola, Butt etc....

EDIT: Just to clarify Terry Mac didn't win but Scotty P had glanjular fevel at the time

Having spent a fair while around there, I see more of our colours than I do any other outside the Old Firm. I possibly even see more of us than Hibs or Hearts in Edinburgh specifically - central Edinburgh, at least... Probably tourists, to be fair...

i'm up in edinburgh a lot and i've noticed the same thing. see nufc shirts as much as celtic or rangers, don't see hearts or hibs nearly as much. saying 3rd highest in all of scotland is bollocks though - maybe highest outside the scottish teams, and man utd/liverpool.

I Lived in Scotland and didn't see as many other football shirts as ours, I remember seeing a couple of Man  U and 1 each of Chelsea and Arsenal.  We've got a supporters club in Aberdeen and we were supported by a lot of locals who got the train down to watch us on a regular basis.  I can't remember seeing any Celtic shirts and a couple of Rangers shirts so it was Aberdeen followed by us.

Guest toonlass

I Lived in Scotland and didn't see as many other football shirts as ours, I remember seeing a couple of Man  U and 1 each of Chelsea and Arsenal.  We've got a supporters club in Aberdeen and we were supported by a lot of locals who got the train down to watch us on a regular basis.  I can't remember seeing any Celtic shirts and a couple of Rangers shirts so it was Aberdeen followed by us.

Aye, you tend to find more Aberdeen supporters near Aberdeen funnily enough.

Aye, you tend to find more Aberdeen supporters near Aberdeen funnily enough.

I just thought that I had better point out that more of the locals supported them, I drank in a pub called The Spiders Web and it was almost entirely Newcastle fans.