Not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition

BlueStar

Cover up! No shopping in PJs or barefoot, Tesco tells shoppers as it becomes first supermarket to unveil a dress code

Wandering the aisles in your dressing gown or going barefoot is just not acceptable, according to store policy which is outlined on posters put up at the entrance.

Mother-of-two Elaine Carmody, 24, was one of the first yesterday to be marched out of Tesco by a security guard for wearing her pyjamas in store.

She said: 'I just don't understand it. I go in other shops in my pyjamas and they don't say anything.

'You used to always be allowed in Tescos. But not now, it is ridiculous and stupid. I've got lovely pairs of pyjamas, with bears and penguins on them. I've worn my best ones today, just so I look tidy.'

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/28/article-1246722-080F5BD0000005DC-793_233x612.jpg

:facepalm:

Also, headline of the week so far courtesy of the Daily Telegraph

Pensioner Astonished By Double Banana

Mother-of-two Elaine Carmody, 24, was one of the first yesterday to be marched out of Tesco by a security guard for wearing her pyjamas in store.

Good. For fuck's sake.

Also:

Mr Hooper said he had still eaten the fruit.

"Both tasted fine," he added.

:lol:

£10,000 grant for Christian police who believe prayer can cut crime

A Christian policing group which believes that the power of prayer can catch criminals and keep officers safe from harm has been awarded a £10,000 grant from the Home Office to widen its involvement with local church groups.

The Christian Police Association (CPA) wants members of the public to "adopt a cop" by praying for the safety of local officers as they ply their beats. Subjects that the association says congregations should be encouraged to pray for include "helping officers make on-the-spot decisions" and encouraging them to "resist corruption".

The nationwide organisation, which boasts 2,000 members, claims that there is "circumstantial evidence" to suggest that regular prayer sessions can help reduce crime rates and encourage criminals to make a new start to their lives.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/16310000-grant-for-christian-police-who-believe-prayer-can-cut-crime-1882554.html

The nationwide organisation, which boasts 2,000 members, claims that there is "circumstantial evidence" to suggest that regular prayer sessions can help reduce crime rates and encourage criminals to make a new start to their lives.

Well, as we know, circumstantial evidence is good enough for the justice system  :facepalm:

Gail Porter's hair has apparently began to regrow.

The TV presenter started to go bald in 2005 after being diagnosed with stress-related alopecia.

However, new reports claim that the 38-year-old has begun sprouting hair on the crown of her head.

Porter was allegedly snapped outside a screening of The Princess And The Frog at London's Mayfair Hotel yesterday, says Now magazine.

Last October, the former children's TV host started performing some low-key stand-up comedy dates.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/passtheremote/porterPA_250x350.jpg

Bless hair  :clap:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8485784.stm

'Bone-crusher' handshakes rile Labour MP Paul Flynn

People who administer bone-crushing handshakes to prove the strength of their personalities should be charged with assault, says a Labour MP.

Paul Flynn, 74, the MP for Newport West, used his blog to claim that shaking hands was getting less popular.

"Good riddance. They are unnecessary, unhygienic, germ-spreading intrusions," he wrote.

He said some "oafs use them to prove the strength of their personalities with bone-crushers".

"They should be summoned for assault."

Mr Flynn wrote that eye-watering hand squeezes could be excruciatingly painful.

"Grimacing in pain does not deter them. Even yelps of pain or sarcasm has no effect."

He said he had tried sarcasm on these "insensitive dolts" but the point was ever understood.

Making fun

"Who will be the first person to be charged with assault by handshake?" Mr Flynn asked.

The veteran politician has previously used his blog to make outspoken comments.

He once attacked housing charity Shelter Cymru because he says it is ignoring the progress made in tackling housing problems.

He was also stripped of a parliamentary allowance for making fun of other MPs on his blog.

Mr Flynn was elected in 1987 and is known for his strong views on drug legislation and nuclear weapons.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8489019.stm

Sceptics stage homeopathy 'overdose' to discredit drugs

Homeopathy sceptics have staged a mass "overdose" of homeopathic remedies, in a bid to prove they have no effect.

Protesters ate whole bottles of tablets at branches of Boots in places such as Liverpool, Manchester, Glasgow, London, Leicester, Edinburgh and Birmingham.

They have asked the pharmacy chain to stop selling the remedies, which they call "scientifically absurd".

I hate these not worthy of a thread threads.

You see something, can't see it in the thread titles so post it as a thread, and then some smart alec point sout that its in here. Completely stifles discussion and means that people who might be interested but haven't seen it might not ever know about it because it is hidden in here.

If noone is really interested, it will just fall down to page 2 and be forgotten about within a day.

I hate these not worthy of a thread threads.

You see something, can't see it in the thread titles so post it as a thread, and then some smart alec point sout that its in here. Completely stifles discussion and means that people who might be interested but haven't seen it might not ever know about it because it is hidden in here.

If noone is really interested, it will just fall down to page 2 and be forgotten about within a day.

I think this should have gone in the "not worthy of a post" thread.

Gail Porter's hair has apparently began to regrow.

The TV presenter started to go bald in 2005 after being diagnosed with stress-related alopecia.

However, new reports claim that the 38-year-old has begun sprouting hair on the crown of her head.

Porter was allegedly snapped outside a screening of The Princess And The Frog at London's Mayfair Hotel yesterday, says Now magazine.

Last October, the former children's TV host started performing some low-key stand-up comedy dates.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/passtheremote/porterPA_250x350.jpg

Bless hair  :clap:

It'd be mint if she get's back into the bank like.

Just had a cracking shit. Didn't think it was worthy of a thread on its own, if I'm being truthful.

Bit dehydrated then?

Definitely. Really was truly crackling.

Hmm, perhaps too much sodium or potassium in your diet then?

Just had a cracking shit. Didn't think it was worthy of a thread on its own, if I'm being truthful.

Bit dehydrated then?

Definitely. Really was truly crackling.

Hmm, perhaps too much sodium or potassium in your diet then?

I'll report back soon. Well, sometime. Hydrated now.  :aww:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8492597.stm

Pope Benedict attacks government over Equality Bill

The Pope has urged Catholic bishops in England and Wales to fight the UK's Equality Bill with "missionary zeal".

Pope Benedict XVI said the legislation "violates natural law" and could end the right of the Catholic Church to ban gay people from senior positions.

But gay rights campaigners condemned his comments, saying equality had to apply to everyone, and Labour MEP Stephen Hughes said he was appalled.

The Pope will this year make the first papal visit to the UK since 1982.

Haven't we been quite forthright in barring people from entering the country based on them having views that are not compatible with our values?  Would be funny to turn him away, although he'll probably just come back over in the next fruit lorry.