JD Salinger dies

GG

Salinger was an author whose large reputation pivots on very little. The first of his published stories that he thought were good enough to preserve between covers appeared in the New Yorker in 1948. Sixteen years later he placed one last story there and drew down the shades.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1957492,00.html?xid=rss-topstories#ixzz0dwTEOKAo

Farewell, strangely over-famous author whose work I stubbornly (to this day) have refused to read...I have no idea why I haven't read it. I mean, I tried: but it just didn't interest me.

:morph:

Guest Chris P

One of the only book's me mum recommended for me (catcher in the rye). read it when i was 15, still haunts me to this day, especially about half way through when you realise the lad's going insane.

Guest guinness_fiend
http://s.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2010/1/28/15/bret-easton-ellis-expresses-relief-21544-1264709352-6.jpg

Bollocks would Lennon still be alive.  Nutters thrive on any excuse, any influence - it's rubbish to suggest that mental case wouldn't have murdered Lennon without the influence of CITR - I would be surprised if Keefaz and billytray genuinely think that's the case.  If it wasn't CITR it would be some other shit, he'd have done it either way in all likelihood. 

Plus I don't get how the fuck he was influenced to kill John Lennon after reading that book, doesn't make sense - does anyone else actually get that?

Bollocks would Lennon still be alive.  Nutters thrive on any excuse, any influence - it's rubbish to suggest that mental case wouldn't have murdered Lennon without the influence of CITR - I would be surprised if Keefaz and billytray genuinely think that's the case.  If it wasn't CITR it would be some other shit, he'd have done it either way in all likelihood. 

Plus I don't get how the fuck he was influenced to kill John Lennon after reading that book, doesn't make sense - does anyone else actually get that?

I dunno, it's hard to know for sure.

Bollocks would Lennon still be alive.  Nutters thrive on any excuse, any influence - it's rubbish to suggest that mental case wouldn't have murdered Lennon without the influence of CITR - I would be surprised if Keefaz and billytray genuinely think that's the case.  If it wasn't CITR it would be some other s***, he'd have done it either way in all likelihood. 

Plus I don't get how the f*** he was influenced to kill John Lennon after reading that book, doesn't make sense - does anyone else actually get that?

CITR had fuck all to do with it. Marck Chapman was jealous of John lennon because he didn't become famous and Lennon was. He's fucked up in the head basically