Dumb white female feminist ideology.

Parky

"A major failing of most feminist ideology is its dumb, ungenerous stereotyping of men as tyrants and abusers, when in fact-as I know full well, from my own mortifying lesbian experience- men are tormented by women's flirtatiousness and hemming and hawing, their manipulations and changeableness, their humiliating rejections. Cock teasing is a universal reality. It is part of women's merciless testing and cold-eyed comparison shopping for potential mates. Men will do anything to win the favor of women. Women literally size up men- "What can you show me?"- in bed and out. If middle class feminists think they conduct their love lives perfectly rationally, without any instinctual influences from biology, they are imbeciles. (Vamps & Tramps, p. 35)  Camille Paglia. (American feminist and scholar).

Discuss. :)

http://dim.com/~randl/camille.htm

"Sexuality and eroticism are the intricate intersection of nature and culture. Feminists grossly oversimplify the problem of sex when they reduce it to a matter of social convention: readjust society, eliminate sexual inequality, purify sex roles, and happiness and harmony will reign. Here feminism, like all liberal movements of the past two hundred years, is heir to Rousseau."

"The Social Contract (1762) begins: "Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains." Pitting benign Romantic nature against corrupt society, Rousseau produced the progressivist strain in nineteenth century culture, for which social reform was the means to achieve paradise on earth. The bubble of these hopes was burst by the catastrophe of two world wars. But Rousseauism was reborn in the postwar generation of the Sixties, from which contemporary feminism developed."

"Sex is a far darker power that feminism has admitted. Sex is the point of contact between man and nature, where morality and good intentions fall to primitive urges." Camille Paglia.

http://dim.com/~randl/paglia.htm

"If a man had said that, he'd get his bollocks nailed to the wall. 

That's my only comment, I agree with whatever Toon Amy's about to post" Kitty

You poof. bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

You know it makes sense, rodney  :thup:

Camille Paglia? I might...

http://home.cfl.rr.com/mpresley1/paglia.jpg

:lol:

The face that launched a thousand veils

:thup:

For anyone that watched Friends, she's pulling Joey's "Smell the Fart" face

And for anyone who watched wrassling in the late 90s/early 2000s she'sraised the people's eyebrow

If you smmeelllllllllaa........

Camille Paglia? I might...

http://home.cfl.rr.com/mpresley1/paglia.jpg

:lol:

The face that launched a thousand veils

:thup:

For anyone that watched Friends, she's pulling Joey's "Smell the Fart" face

* Kitman effortlessly dumbs down thread to level of farting *

I'm not saying I agree with all of it, just that should make for a good discussion. Although one that all the 'boys' on here will try and avoid at all costs and prefer to make 'little' jokes. :roll:

blueyes.gif

"Sexuality and eroticism are the intricate intersection of nature and culture. Feminists grossly oversimplify the problem of sex when they reduce it to a matter of social convention: readjust society, eliminate sexual inequality, purify sex roles, and happiness and harmony will reign. Here feminism, like all liberal movements of the past two hundred years, is heir to Rousseau."

"The Social Contract (1762) begins: "Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains." Pitting benign Romantic nature against corrupt society, Rousseau produced the progressivist strain in nineteenth century culture, for which social reform was the means to achieve paradise on earth. The bubble of these hopes was burst by the catastrophe of two world wars. But Rousseauism was reborn in the postwar generation of the Sixties, from which contemporary feminism developed."

"Sex is a far darker power that feminism has admitted. Sex is the point of contact between man and nature, where morality and good intentions fall to primitive urges." Camille Paglia.

http://dim.com/~randl/paglia.htm

congratulations, you can quote someone else's opinion, but what is yours?  tongue.gif

If you want to hear mine, then let's hear your's first :)

I will say this though, that I don't think that standing up for myself or others, or saying that sexism in general is stupid and wrong necessarily makes me a feminist, nor that feminism is something that you or anyone else including me can grasp and put in a box to say: that is the definition of feminism.

There isn't just one definition or one type, so saying feminists are dumb, is like saying cars are slow.

There are so many different strands and views, not one and when you say dumb, white feminist you are also describing the person you are quoting from so how do you expect me to take this view seriously?  :winking:

I've never read any Camille Paglia so I don't know anything about her views.  Truth be told I'd rather read Terry Pratchett than Sheer Hite so I'll admit I don't know much about radical feminism.

When I re-read the quotes it seems to me that she is defining politics between the sexes in terms of sexual relations.  Maybe I misinterpreted that, me and my smutty mind.  I thought we'd all moved on from the "Don't you dare beat me with your cock, YOU RAPIST" school of thought, that was around in the mid 1980s (and which turned off most men of that generation from feminism in the first place)?

"I thought we'd all moved on from the "Don't you dare beat me with your cock, YOU RAPIST" school of thought, that was around in the mid 1980s (and which turned off most men of that generation from feminism in the first place)?"

She has been in the vanguard of moving 'that' debate on. Not for the feint hearted mind.

She has a lot to say on the matter have a look at this:

http://metropolitician.blogs.com/scribblings_of_the_metrop/2006/11/why_i_love_cami.html

"I thought we'd all moved on from the "Don't you dare beat me with your cock, YOU RAPIST" school of thought, that was around in the mid 1980s (and which turned off most men of that generation from feminism in the first place)?"

She has been in the vanguard of moving 'that' debate on. Not for the feint hearted mind.

She has a lot to say on the matter have a look at this:

http://metropolitician.blogs.com/scribblings_of_the_metrop/2006/11/why_i_love_cami.html

Did you just type all of that out?  Is your quote function not working Mr P?