Patrick Van Aanholt from Chelsea signs on one-month loan

gray

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/01/29/newcastle-united-tie-up-two-new-loan-signings-72703-25713603/

NEWCASTLE United have agreed a double swoop for two players on loan to boost their chances of securing promotion back to the Premier League.

The Magpies have agreed deals for Queens Park Rangers defender Fitz Hall and Chelsea’s Dutch left-back Patrick Van Aanholt.

Former PSV Eindoven kid Van Aanholt comes in after spending part of the season on loan at Coventry City.

He appeared on Saturday for Chelsea in their 2-0 FA Cup win over Preston.

The Hertodenbosch-born full- back is 5ft 9in and highly rated by the west London side, and will spend at least one month on loan on Tyneside.

The much-travelled 29-year-old Hall is expected to be signed on a loan deal until May to provide United’s defence with vital cover as they go into the last 20 games of their Coca-Cola Championship campaign.

19 year old Dutch full back. Apparently he played against us at Cov earlier in the season. I can't say that I noticed him, but then nobody in their team stood out for me as being of any quality that night. Didn't actually play for Chelsea at Preston, was an unused sub.

I guess he'll just be another body to cover Kadar as he is our only left back at the minute with Jose out.

Ashley Cole rates him highly. When he first went to Coventry, Cole would regularly call him to give him help and advice.

He's very close to Chelsea's first team at the moment.

When he was at PSV he was considered in the top three emerging Dutch talents. Started off as a centre back.

credit to hughton. think he's been very calm. no big statements or promises - just results. propbably sat down with  mike and del and explained in a reasonable and assured manner what was needed and they have responded. i think hughton has been measured and realistic about his targets and been well aware of the finacial constraints he is working under and responded well.