Patrick Van Aanholt from Chelsea signs on one-month loan

gray

Hopefully he never plays. I hope Kadar plays well enough not to be dropped & Jose recovers quickly so we dont need to extend this kids loan deal.

I hope he is better than Jose by a factor of 20 and we sign him for a button and a pecan nut.

Maradona wasn't that good.

Hopefully he never plays. I hope Kadar plays well enough not to be dropped & Jose recovers quickly so we dont need to extend this kids loan deal.

I hope he is better than Jose by a factor of 20 and we sign him for a button and a pecan nut.

Does not compute.

Leg manouvrability rate increased ten fold?

To be honest, if it wasn't for the injuries to Taylor and Simpson, I'd put Kadar into the team for a month, but as it is just Colo of our first choice back four, I'm definitely happier to have someone with a few more games at this level already under his belt.

What does this mean for Kadar?

Surely he could have covered Enrique for a few weeks.

And if he gets injured?

It's only a few weeks, you don't normally sign a third player for one position to cover a hamstring injury. I can only assume Kadar will switch to RB, Aanholt will be LB and the other three will compete for the central two slots.

Enrique is out for at least 3 weeks, so about 5 games, and van Aanholt is here on a month long loan. It's a good move to be fair, since it sustains what little depth we have in that position. I'm pretty sure Kadar is primarily a centre back before a left back aswell.. may be wrong on that though.

I remember seeing this kid play for Coventry on telly once and he looked the absolute dogs bollocks.

Maybe that was a one off but if he can play like that all the time then you've got a real player on your hands.

Guest Heneage

For a few weeks.

Always half empty.

Nah. :)

You are though. :lol:

We've done pretty much everything you and those like you wanted this window, get defensive cover, get a right winger, now it looks like we're after a striker.

We even signed an extra player to cover an injury picked up during a game.

For a few weeks.

Always half empty.

Nah. :)

You are though. :lol:

We've done pretty much everything you and those like you wanted this window, get defensive cover, get a right winger, now it looks like we're after a striker.

We even signed an extra player to cover an injury picked up during a game.

Yep, it's been promising stuff so far.

Once the window has closed I'll judge then. :thup:

Good stuff. However, will this blow a bit of Kadar's confidence? All these defenders coming in?

Depends, maybe Hughton always saw Kadar as the 2nd LB and why we've never gone for one, with Enrique out he simply cannot leave everything on his shoulders, just like we thought it was with Jose but really held Kadar in higher esteem than we all imagined.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Basically:

Hughton's alright with the idea of Kadar playing while Jose's out, but he's not confident with using Tozer or Tavernier or Donaldson should anyone else get injured, hence Hall and Van Aanholt coming in

Starting to make too much sense here with transfers.  Dont like it, they are probably selling Harper, Colo and Jonas behind the scenes  ;)  These players are good to get us through this season, which is the primary aim.  A hungry striker on loan would be the icing.

What's he like as a footballer - if anyone with a shred of knowledge can tell me? If he's an attacking full-back i'd have him over Kadar until Enrique gets back. As much as i like Tamas (and i really do think he's a cracking defender at this level), he's no full-back. The left-wing we've got a is a bit fatal in that, lose one of Enrique/Jonas and you lose them both. If van Aanholt can shadow Enrique in an attacking sense, then we should get by reasonably comfortably - if a bit diluted. Especially at home.

hungry striker?

dean windass?

Not who I was thinking, but with all the Solano blurb, thought we might have got Quinny back  ;)  Nah, dunno who the answer is but a goalscorer would make for a fantastic transfer window and I never saw that coming.  Maybe the worm has turned.