Evening Chronicle plummets to new depths.

Optimistic Nut

Guest Toon Wanderer

A mate of mine said Owen scored 40 goals in a season while he managed Newcastle. Somehow I doubt he would have in real life.

A mate of mine said Owen scored 40 goals in a season while he managed Newcastle. Somehow I doubt he would have in real life.

nono.gif

Michael Owen is unlikely to ever play a full season for NUFC

nono.gif

Michael Owen has never played a full season.

nono.gif

Michael Owen has never played a full season.

:crip:

Fair point

Luque's hero when the (micro) chips are down

Nov 16 2006

By The Evening Chronicle

Albert Luque turns out to be a scoring hero for Newcastle United in their hour of need.

That's the verdict of the boffins behind computer simulation game Championship Manager 07.

In yesterday's Chronicle we asked them to assess how differently United's season might have gone if Michael Owen had been fit.

Using the ProZone stats so highly regarded by many top bosses, they factored in Owen - and insisted that United could have been as high as third in the table, with the England striker chipping in with eight goals.

So we then asked the Championship Manager team to simulate United's 10 Premiership games between now and the transfer window opening in January - WITHOUT Owen in the equation and relying on the players Glenn Roeder has available to him.

Again using the ProZone stats, the CM07 team brought Luque in from the cold to weigh in with eight goals in a run which yields 14 points (three wins, five draws and two defeats).

In their simulation the Spaniard scored both goals in a 2-1 win over Blackburn - and another double in a 3-3 draw with Manchester United!

Here's how the results turned out in United's run until the end of the year:

Arsenal 2 United 2

United 2 Portsmouth 3

United 2 Reading 2

Blackburn 1 United 2

Chelsea 4 United 2

United 2 Watford 0

United 2 Tottenham 2

Bolton 0 United 2

Everton 2 United 2

United 3 Man Utd 3

Oliver's verdict on the next 10 games

If the Championship Manager boffins think that Albert Luque's goals are going to save United I have one piece of advice for them - go back to the drawing board!

They must be spending too much time with their heads in their ProZone stats as they cannot have seen the Spaniard play for United.

People more informed than myself who see Luque in training every day tell me he does not look interested.

And I have seen with my own eyes that United cannot even get him to warm up before a match if he is not in Glenn Roeder's starting line-up.

I did see him score the winner in Palermo when, in the eyes of the North East Press, he was the worst man on the field.

If Luque was up to scratch don't you think he would be the first name on Roeder's team-sheet in the current situation?

Unlike the Championship Manager team, I don't have the answer to United's scoring problems.

But I can still hope that Kieron Dyer forms some sort of partnership with Oba Martins.

And pray that Damien Duff finds the form which made him such a great player with Chelsea, and that James Milner, Charles N'Zogbia and Nobby Solano can get some end product to their approach play.

If United can keep their head above water until the transfer window opens on January 1, I am convinced they will be OK.

But I am not as confident as the boffins about the 10 Premiership games between now and then. My forecast (two wins, three draws and five defeats):

Arsenal (a): No points

Pompey (h): One point

Reading (h): Three points

Blackburn (a): One point

Chelsea (a): No points

Watford (h): Three points

Spurs (h): One point

Bolton (a): No points

Everton (a): No points

Man Utd (h): No points

Guest smoggeordie

On Anal Olivers video on icnewcastle he says: "If Dyer had completely lost his sight it would have put a real question mark over his career"

:lol:

Guest Craig1892

Chronicle's arse nowadays. So far up the Fat Leeches arse you can smell the digesting pies when you read it.

SHEPHERD OUT

SACK ANAL