Vinyl

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

When I kicked my blerk out he left a load of records from his DJ'ing days. Happy Hardcore stuff. I have them put away in a cupboard and came across them the other day. Obviously he is not coming back for them (as they have been there eons). Where can I get rid of them, are they worth owt? I would say there are about 40 records, all in sleeves and have always been kept in his record bag.

When I kicked my blerk out he left a load of records from his DJ'ing days. Happy Hardcore stuff. I have them put away in a cupboard and came across them the other day. Obviously he is not coming back for them (as they have been there eons). Where can I get rid of them, are they worth owt? I would say there are about 40 records, all in sleeves and have always been kept in his record bag.

Would depend on who the artists are, if it's a bunch of no-bodys they're probably worth nothing, but if it's someone decently enough famous, you could probably get a few quids for the lot.

I tried pricing mine up a while ago Blef and to be honest there seems to be no value in vinyl now.  I've got about 500 records covering trance, hard house, deep house, techno, prog house and some classic chicago house and detroit techno.  It was some website I went on which somebody on here told me about and the vast majority of them didn't even have an asking price of what I paid for them.  The only ones worth anything were the 80's original pressings which I would never part with anyway.

I was disappointed but realised I'd rather hold onto the memories then sell myself short.  That said though if they're happy hardcore then I'd probably give them away :)

Guest toonlass

I tried pricing mine up a while ago Blef and to be honest there seems to be no value in vinyl now.  I've got about 500 records covering trance, hard house, deep house, techno, prog house and some classic chicago house and detroit techno.  It was some website I went on which somebody on here told me about and the vast majority of them didn't even have an asking price of what I paid for them.  The only ones worth anything were the 80's original pressings which I would never part with anyway.

I was disappointed but realised I'd rather hold onto the memories then sell myself short.  That said though if they're happy hardcore then I'd probably give them away :)

Aye. Tbh, the names of them mean nowt to me. Not my taste. I like rock, he liked Dance.

Aye. Tbh, the names of them mean nowt to me. Not my taste. I like rock, he liked Dance.

Aye I used to love the happy hardcore when I started getting into music but it soon all became a bit too radgie for me.  Anyway, I've just found that website I was on about www.discogs.com.

Give it ago - you never know your luck.

Guest toonlass

Aye I used to love the happy hardcore when I started getting into music but it soon all became a bit too radgie for me.  Anyway, I've just found that website I was on about www.discogs.com.

Give it ago - you never know your luck.

Cheers marra.