Newcastle United vs Cardiff City - Friday Feb 5th @ 19:45

Skirge

I'm very nervous about this match. Cardiff are the Jekyll and Hyde team of this division and I see them revelling in the occasion. In fact, I actually think we'll lose this one. 0-1

harper

r taylor    williamson    coloccini    van aanholt

routledge    nolan        smith          jonas

best      lovenkrands

bench: krul, kadar, simpson, guthrie, pancrate, carroll, ranger

(although i'd rather guthrie and ranger start)

Guest toonlass

Harper

Simpson    Billy          Colo    Van Dutchlad

Routledge  Nolan    Smith        Jonas

Lovelypants      Best

Who knows what score

I'm very nervous about this match. Cardiff are the Jekyll and Hyde team of this division and I see them revelling in the occasion. In fact, I actually think we'll lose this one. 0-1

harper

routledge    nolan         smith          jonas

best       lovenkrands

This but i'd rather see Simpson start than Ryan Taylor and think that Fitz Hall and Shola will probably make the bench ahead of Kadar and maybe Pancrate? Also you can't seriously be suggesting that Nicky Butt wont get into our 18?!!

Guest jeffers09

Newcastle have completed the signing of striker Leon Best from Championship rivals Coventry.

As revealed by skysports.comBest has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal at St James' Park after passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.

Coventry decided to sell Best after he refused to accept a new contract on offer at the Ricoh Arena.

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton was keen to bring in a new striker before the close of the transfer window after seeing deals for Jermaine Beckford and Marlon Harewood fall through.

Best is expected to go straight into the Newcastle squad for this Friday's game with Cardiff, live on Sky Sports.

It is according to this ...

Harper

Simpson (if fit) Williamson Coloccini Van Aanholt

Routledge   Guthrie   Smith   Jonas

Ranger    Lovenkrands

Bench: Krul, R.Taylor, Hall, Pancrate, Nolan, Best, Ameobi (if fit)

Please.

harper

routledge    nolan         smith          jonas

best       lovenkrands

This but i'd rather see Simpson start than Ryan Taylor and think that Fitz Hall and Shola will probably make the bench ahead of Kadar and maybe Pancrate? Also you can't seriously be suggesting that Nicky Butt wont get into our 18?!!

will shola be back? also, with hughton's over-protective attitude i don't think simpson will start.

you're right, butt probably will get in the 18, but we have such a massive squad now that i'm hoping hughton sees sense.

Harper

Simpson   Williamson   Coloccini   Van Anaholt

Routledge   Guthrie   Smith   Jonas

Shola   Best

Aye that's about right. If Shola's not fit i'd replace him with Lovenkrands.

That team would see us win the game but i expect Nolan will start in place of Guthrie, sadly.

Harper

Kadar - Williamson - Coloccini - van Aanholt

Routledge - Guthrie - Smith - Jonas

Best - Lovenkrands

Subs: Krul, R.Taylor, Hall, Nolan, Ranger, Carroll, Ameobi/Pancrate

Should be a big crowd and hopefully a good atmosphere, am pretty sure that Cardiff are brining their full allocation up and that always helps the atmosphere in my opinion.

Makes me laugh how the police have moved it because the Mackems are at home to Wigan (who will only take a thousand at very best i'd imagine?!) yet there happy to have 3 thousand Cardiff up on a friday night, a large amount of whom will be drinking all day and probably going out in town friday night!

It is pretty poor that both David Craig and the Sky Sports website are stating that the game is live on their own channel if it isnt!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5909794,00.html

Is it not because they don't want Newcastle and Sunderland playing at home for security reasons i.e Home fans?

Can't see away fans having any baring on it.

Just checked that, you're right.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20091215/cardiff-clash-switched-to-friday-night_2240137_1905936

Cardiff Clash Switched To Friday Night

NEWCASTLE United's home fixture with Cardiff City will now be played on Friday, February 5, 2010 (kick-off 7.45pm).

The game was originally scheduled for Saturday, February 6 but has been moved because of a clash with Sunderland's home fixture with Wigan Athletic on the same day.

Still it should have been on TV as it's a top game of the CCC.