5 small tsunamis hit northern Japan

Guest Ridzuan

Guest Ridzuan
TOKYO - Five small tsunamis hit northern Japan late Wednesday, estimated at no larger than 16 inches high, Japan's Meteorological Agency said.

The first wave hit Nemuro port in Japan's northernmost island of Hokkaido at 9:29 p.m. and registered at 16 inches, smaller than the 6 1/2 feet tall or higher initially expected by the agency.

A few minutes later, a second wave of 8 inches hit the nearby port city of Kushiro to the southwest, the agency said.

Live water footage from northern Japan showed calm seas and lighted windows. Residents said they barely felt the quake.

The agency, however, warned larger waves could follow.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061115/ap_on_re_as/japan_tsunami

The earthquake was measured at 8.1 on the ritcher scale.I hope there will not be a serious lost of lifes.

TOKYO - Five small tsunamis hit northern Japan late Wednesday, estimated at no larger than 16 inches high, Japan's Meteorological Agency said.

The first wave hit Nemuro port in Japan's northernmost island of Hokkaido at 9:29 p.m. and registered at 16 inches, smaller than the 6 1/2 feet tall or higher initially expected by the agency.

A few minutes later, a second wave of 8 inches hit the nearby port city of Kushiro to the southwest, the agency said.

Live water footage from northern Japan showed calm seas and lighted windows. Residents said they barely felt the quake.

The earthquake was measured at 8.1 on the ritcher scale.I hope there will be serious lost of lifes.

Why the fuck would you hope that?

Guest Ridzuan

The earthquake was measured at 8.1 on the ritcher scale.I hope there will be serious lost of lifes.

Why the **** would you hope that?

Ops.My bad.Im going to change it now.Thanks for taking notice of it.

Isn't a small tsunami just a wave?

Slightly higher I think.But a small tsunami might just be a start of a large tsunami.

A tsunami is caused by an earthquake whereas a normal wave isn't I think. My previous comment should have had a winky really.

Guest Ridzuan

Isn't a small tsunami just a wave?

Slightly higher I think.But a small tsunami might just be a start of a large tsunami.

A tsunami is caused by an earthquake whereas a normal wave isn't I think. My previous comment should have had a winky really.

bluewink.gif