128 days for Fabio to decide: So let us start with goalkeepers...

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now we are not blessed a crop of quality goalkeepers - it wouldn't take much effort to tear every goalkeeper on that list apart.  So who do you think should go to the world cup?  Who do you think should be number 1?

James and Robinson are the only two I could definitely say need to go.  The third spot is somewhat still open for me, but if I was pushed today I'd say Green.  James to start too.

I'm covering all bases with the options.  Good luck to anyone who votes for Richard Wright...

Tomorrow, we will do defenders!

Knew I was taking a risk putting Harper in the list :D

People who are voting for him, seriously?

I have voted for him, seriously.

Why shouldn't England take a goalkeeper to the World Cup who isn't doing any errors, putting on some world class saves and most importantly can sit on the bench and can be brought on without a problem. He has also vast experience which could help the young keepers like Hart to learn from him.

I would take him!

Btw I also would love the fact to have an english NUFC player at the world cup just in case England wins the World Cup    (Why not Nicky Butt btw?  :lol:)

Guest firetotheworks

James, Green, Harper.

Yes, I know. But look, that entire list is pretty shit imo. If Harper was given a few friendlies I could see it being the right choice, 3rd choice obviously though. And nor is it something I think will happen.

Would have picked James but he wont have played any games in the pl.

Started at the weekend.  Also, this report from the Guardian today:

Portsmouth are likely to renegotiate a clause in David James's contract which stipulates that his £50,000-a-week deal is automatically extended after the goalkeeper has played 10 more games for the club. Portsmouth's difficult financial position means they cannot afford to renew his current terms.

Both sides are thought to be intent on reaching an agreement which is mutually beneficial but, as yet, fresh discussions have yet to take place.

Make what you will of that quote-less wonder.

Harper. :lol:

Much as I like him, he's not being tested by some of the world's best players and hasn't even got a cap.

Ridiculous suggestion, we're talking about the World Cup here not some meaningless friendlies.

Much as I like him, he's not being tested by some of the world's best players and hasn't even got a cap.

Ridiculous suggestion, we're talking about the World Cup here not some meaningless friendlies.

He'd only be for the third spot, and i would want someone reliable there. Plus i would love to see him at the WC and not Shay :D

Why not Nicky Butt btw? :lol:

Only if you use a time machine and bring Nicky Butt circa 2002 along.

Even the Nicky Butt of 1999 wouldn't even come close to my squad for the World Cup.

The Nicky Butt of 2002 had an entire Argentine midfield is his pocked I'll have you know http://www.otf2.com/forums/images/smilies/herman.gif

Green, James, Hart without a doubt.

Is Wright, Richard Wright...if so, are you on drugs?

I'm covering all bases with the options.  Good luck to anyone who votes for Richard Wright...

Didn't see that, my bad.

Guest firetotheworks

Then why choose Hart? It's ridiculous to think that it'll happen, but I dont think it's ridiculous to suggest that he's good enough for 3rd choice.

Then why choose Hart? It's ridiculous to think that it'll happen, but I dont think it's ridiculous to suggest that he's good enough for 3rd choice.

Hart is performing consistently well in the Premier League. He also has a full cap already. ???