128 days for Fabio to decide: So let us start with goalkeepers...

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Harper. :lol:

Much as I like him, he's not being tested by some of the world's best players and hasn't even got a cap.

Ridiculous suggestion, we're talking about the World Cup here not some meaningless friendlies.

Then why choose Hart? It's ridiculous to think that it'll happen, but I dont think it's ridiculous to suggest that he's good enough for 3rd choice.

Hart is performing consistently well in the Premier League. He also has a full cap already. ???

In one of those meaningless friendlies you mentioned above?

Guest firetotheworks

Much as I like him, he's not being tested by some of the world's best players and hasn't even got a cap.

Ridiculous suggestion, we're talking about the World Cup here not some meaningless friendlies.

Then why choose Hart? It's ridiculous to think that it'll happen, but I dont think it's ridiculous to suggest that he's good enough for 3rd choice.

Hart is performing consistently well in the Premier League. He also has a full cap already. ???

...in a meaningless friendly. As for the worlds best players, Harper has, a long time ago admittedly, but he'll be more used to it than Hart.

Foolish to assume that Harper is a viable option as he used to play in the Premiership (although not regularly you must remember). 

Remember him being somewhat poor last season btw

He was average at absolute best last season. Funny how dropping a league has made him look better.

Average is what were dealing with here. Absolutely none of those goalkeepers are anywhere near top class.

Exactly, so it makes sense to pick the ones who are dealing the best with the highest quality opposition.

Guest firetotheworks

Average is what were dealing with here. Absolutely none of those goalkeepers are anywhere near top class.

Exactly, so it makes sense to pick the ones who are dealing the best with the highest quality opposition.

I'm just saying who I'd pick. I know enough about Harper to know that he's not going to do any James-style clangers and will be pretty much reliable when you expect him to be, without being more than that. Hart for me is still untested psychologically at the highest level, whereas I think Harper has been. I dont think he'll be picked, or that Hart is the wrong decision, just that I'd personally choose him over Hart at the moment. FWIW Id still have James starting, even though I'd hardly trust him, he's the only one that can make the next level of saves and has the experience at that level.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Joe Hart

Robert Green

David James

GK department is probably our weakest area, with the three keepers pretty similar in their ability and strengths (shot stopping). None of them are real commanders of the back line though. Probably feel a bit worried with crosses into the box.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Robinson has had a great season out of the limelight; he'd be my second choice behind Green. Hart would be third choice, as Carson and Foster are shite and Jamo is too old imo.

But that's why he's had a good season, he hasn't had the pressure and expectation on him, which in the past has caused him to crumble. I think it'd be a liability taking him to the world cup. He'd go to pot after his first gaf.

Joe Hart

Robert Green

David James

GK department is probably our weakest area, with the three keepers pretty similar in their ability and strengths (shot stopping). None of them are real commanders of the back line though. Probably feel a bit worried with crosses into the box.

Aside from Brazil and a select few others not many throw crosses into the box that often though in Int'l football.

GK along with RB is our weakest spot but aside from Casillas and Buffon they aren't any other world class GKs out there IMO.

Guest optimistic nit

...in a meaningless friendly. As for the worlds best players, Harper has, a long time ago admittedly, but he'll be more used to it than Hart.

what the fuck are you on about? Harper doesn't even have a full season in the premierleague as number 1, Hart has been performing very well this season for a team performing very well this season in the Premier-League. he's got more experience at the top level than harper, he's younger, his experience is recent rather than half a season 10 years ago and half a season in a relegated team, he's been in the england set up before, he's lets face it, better than harper. why anyone would pick harper over hart is truely beyond me.

cant see past green, hart and james with green. could possibly pick robinson or foster but to be frank Harper is a better keeper than robinson and Foster isn't really an option considering injuries/the fact he's 3rd choice.

I'm just saying who I'd pick. I know enough about Harper to know that he's not going to do any James-style clangers and will be pretty much reliable when you expect him to be, without being more than that. Hart for me is still untested psychologically at the highest level, whereas I think Harper has been. I dont think he'll be picked, or that Hart is the wrong decision, just that I'd personally choose him over Hart at the moment. FWIW Id still have James starting, even though I'd hardly trust him, he's the only one that can make the next level of saves and has the experience at that level.

what about when harper got selected following given's injury and looked like scot carson with the jitters (including being beaten by alonso from inside his own half).

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Joe Hart

Robert Green

David James

Aside from Brazil and a select few others not many throw crosses into the box that often though in Int'l football.

GK along with RB is our weakest spot but aside from Casillas and Buffon they aren't any other world class GKs out there IMO.

Fair point, looking at our group none of those teams stand out as wingers/crossing with powerful targetmen. Maybe the USA of Old, but not the current squad.

Foster is f***ing s****, he's made almost a clanger per game for Manchester United this season.

I was struggling with 3rd choice like, Robinson has had a decent season but his England performances have been balls in the past. Harper?? Some extreme bias with the amount of votes he has. Doesn't really matter like, 3rd choice won't get a look-in unless some crazy shit goes down.

Harpers distribution isn't good enough for Int'l football - too slow at releasing the ball to the FBs to set up the counter attack, and although you don't so much in Int'l his long kicking out of his hands is poor.

Someone's voted for Carson? Blatantly Mike. :lol:

:lol: I'm not the only American here.

With my asshole hat off, you should take James. Depends on if he can keep those senior moments to a minimum. I don't really have any regard for any of the young English keepers, tbh. I think this is your most vulnerable area. No matter what happens, you'll spend your entire tournament with your hearts in your mouths.

Hat on, Robinson and Almunia every other half.