Baba "blow" for toon

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

NEWCASTLE United boss Glenn Roeder says Celestine Babayaro could be sidelined for "two or three weeks" after suffering a groin injury in the recent Carling Cup win over Watford.

The Nigerian international picked up the complaint following the dramatic penalty shoot-out win over the Hornets at Vicarage Road.

Babayaro missed last weekend's goalless stalemate with Manchester City, and Toon boss Roeder says a spell on the sidelines awaits the former Chelsea man.

He said: "Celestine suffered the groin injury during extra-time in the Carling Cup game at Watford.

"It prevented him playing against Manchester City last Saturday and we're going to have to do without him for the next two or three weeks.

"He's done very well for me and been a consistent performer when he's played, so this is unfortunate for us."

www.nufc.co.uk

Guest smoggeordie

"He's done very well for me and been a consistent performer when he's played, so this is unfortunate for us."

..... I  bluesigh.gif.....

What do you want for £1m?

What are you offering? ;)

Another reason to sign a left back in January. He's injured suspiciously often.

35 appearances last season and 11 this year isn't too bad mind.

I don't know, I think the fact that he plays so many games for us is incredibly bad.

What do you want for £1m? In terms of fee paid, he's been as good as we can expect imo.

I don't want an incompetent player for any money though.  That said he's still far better value then Carr, who's incompetent and cost £2.5 million :lol:

Incidentally Roeder thinks both of them are wonderful, two of our best players in fact..

Babayaro knackered again eh ? He's a joke and his contract should be torn up. I wish Roeder would stop with all this $hite about bigging players up when even a blind man would realise it's bo11ocks. Fans once again being treated as idiots who believe anything. /o\  :wullie:

What do you want for £1m? In terms of fee paid, he's been as good as we can expect imo.

Incidentally Roeder thinks both of them are wonderful, two of our best players in fact..

That's what pisses me off - who the f*ck is he trying to kid!!! 

Consistently sh*t maybe!

Fine, he was cheap so maybe we shouldn't expect much but I'm damned if I should put up with hearing the spin cr*p that Roeder keeps blethering about good performances!

That's what pisses me off - who the f*ck is he trying to kid!!! 

Consistently sh*t maybe!

Fine, he was cheap so maybe we shouldn't expect much but I'm damned if I should put up with hearing the spin cr*p that Roeder keeps blethering about good performances!

His wages are far from cheap.

thaats right, baba is doing very well, carr is flying, bramble will learn, luque will get his chance.. same old rodent..

Another reason to sign a left back in January. He's injured suspiciously often.

Picks his games.

Must be in need of a holiday.

Agreed he regularly takes 3 - 4 weeks off injured if not suspended

:red1: