127 days until it begins: Please vote again on the strikers ffs

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now I realise that the last title wasn't strictly true, in that Fabio would have to finalise his squad a few weeks before the tournament begins :facepalm:

Assuming he is going to select 4 strikers (as he tends to do in most squads), you get 4 options.  Feel free to discuss who should start etc.

This is serious business so I haven't given you any room for wasted votes (Ameobi etc.)

Walcott is not a striker before anyone mentions him.

Why isn't Walcott counting as a striker btw?

But anyway.... I would take... Shola, Carroll, Ranger and Nolan.

No, seriously. I voted for Rooney, Defoe and Crouch. Don't really know who to take as the fourth striker as I hardly follow the Premier League this season.

Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, and Bent for me.  Would be tempted to start Defoe and Crouch to be honest - they get to play with each other week-in/week-out and have a good understanding.  Would give them the first 45 then bring Rooney on 'cause it's hard to leave him out as he's playing out of his skin this season.

I'd take five. We don't need eight defenders and eight midfielders (especially, given the versatility) and i reckon Capello will see it that way aswell.

Rooney, Heskey, Bent, Defoe, Agbonlahor.

If you can't see what Heskey has brought to the side and how he's brought Rooney's game on in this side, then you're pretty blinkered in my opinion. He played an absolutely integral part in our qualifying process, and was a big reason for why we humped so many - even though he hardly scored himself.

Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, and Bent for me.  Would be tempted to start Defoe and Crouch to be honest - they get to play with each other week-in/week-out and have a good understanding.  Would give them the first 45 then bring Rooney on 'cause it's hard to leave him out as he's playing out of his skin this season.

The idea of not starting Rooney is madness.

The idea of not starting Rooney is madness.

Rooney - obv choice.

Heskey - works excellently with Rooney.

Crouch - height provides an alternative option altogether.

Defoe - might not be scoring as regularly as Bent in the league, but seems to do the job when in an England shirt.  Excellent impact sub.

Then poss take Agbonlahor as he could also be played out wide as well as up front.