127 days until it begins: Please vote again on the strikers ffs

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heskey's goal scoring record is a complete abomination yet people still call for him to play.  Madness.

Don't tell me, you've got this great idea about playing Gerrard and Lampard through the middle too :rolleyes:

If people are too thick to have got it by now they never will.

Rooney's proved this season he doesn't need to play alongside a clogger up front to shine. Should be Heskey well and truly out the picture. He's fucking shite.

But, but.. he might a win a header or 2 that will most likely come to absolutely nothing!

Heskey's goal scoring record is a complete abomination yet people still call for him to play.  Madness.

Don't tell me, you've got this great idea about playing Gerrard and Lampard through the middle too :rolleyes:

If people are too thick to have got it by now they never will.

Nah, he should try a midfield of..

J. Cole  Barry  Lampard  Lennon

Keep jumping to wrong conclusions though.  Cock.

So it turns out that if you edit the poll it wipes it.

Shambles.

Only if you tick the 'Reset Vote Count: Check this if you want to reset all vote counts to 0.' checkbox.

You're a bit rubbish at this aren't you? :lol:

Guest kingdawson

The perfect style of football for England to play is Man united's fast paced , counter attacking 4-3-3 style tbh.

------------------------------James-----------------------------

Johnson---------Terry------------------Ferdinand-------Cole

-----------------------------Carrick---------------------------

--------------------Gerrard---------Lampard------------------

---Lennon-----------------------------------------------J.cole--

-------------------------------Rooney-----------------------------

To play this formation effectively you need two attacking full backs (check), a ball playing cb that is able to play long diagonal balls to the wingers (check...ferdinand btw), 3 cm's that are tactically aware and have good positional sense (check). This formation also makes us less reliant on Gerrard as Barry can easily slot in, but it would make us even more reliant on Rooney.

Fact is, other then Rooney we have no other strikers that are even close to being World class. I'm sure Capello has the experience to make this formation work.

Just didn't see it (see my avatar for the appropriate smiley).

Surely that should be something you should manually tick when editing?  Would reduce the risk of future incidents. 

You'll have manually ticked it, yes.

Rooney  - 102 (24.9%)

Defoe - 95 (23.2%)

Crouch - 80 (19.6%)

Bent - 41 (10%)

Heskey - 46 (11.2%)

Agbonlahor - 45 (11%)

So 3 obvious choices and it's down to the wire for the last spot. 

Vote Heskey you bastards!

Also, will be open until some random point tomorrow when I cba to sort out the next batch.  Will be splitting the midfield into CMs and wide players, and the defence into CBs and FBs.

In 5 days time we'll have our England squad.

Well I want to vote Heskey but I can't change my vote...

How come I only get this many voters?

Rooney  - 18 (25%)

Defoe - 17 (23.6%)

Crouch - 16 (22.2%)

Bent - 7 (9.7%)

Heskey - 9 (12.5%)

Agbonlahor - 5 (6.9%)

Total Voters: 18

The perfect style of football for England to play is Man united's fast paced , counter attacking 4-3-3 style tbh.

To play this formation effectively you need two attacking full backs (check), a ball playing cb that is able to play long diagonal balls to the wingers (check...ferdinand btw), 3 cm's that are tactically aware and have good positional sense (check). This formation also makes us less reliant on Gerrard as Barry can easily slot in, but it would make us even more reliant on Rooney.

Fact is, other then Rooney we have no other strikers that are even close to being World class. I'm sure Capello has the experience to make this formation work.

I would like to see that.

I would like to see that.

agree, but i'd put gerrard in one of the wide positions and get barry in the middle for extra solidity.

though you get the best out of rooney by having heskey in there..

A bit of a short list, it feels like i'm rather voting who you should leave out instead of who you should take. But I admit there's not much else to realistically go for.

Anyway, I'd go with Rooney as lone striker if you ask me. Then Crouch, Bent, Cole. I'm dubious about Defoe, he's a better natural footballer than the other 3 I listed, but seems to blow hot and cold too often.

A bit of a short list, it feels like i'm rather voting who you should leave out instead of who you should take. But I admit there's not much else to realistically go for.

Anyway, I'd go with Rooney as lone striker if you ask me. Then Crouch, Bent, Cole. I'm dubious about Defoe, he's a better natural footballer than the other 3 I listed, but seems to blow hot and cold too often.

You're right that Defoe blows hot & cold but at least he can do it at international level some of the time. Bent is a player that's perfect for the Premier League but looks well out of his depth in international games imo.

I would take Rooney, Cole, Defoe and then probably Crouch to make up the numbers. No Cole in the poll though so I'm boycoutting this!