Roughly 3024 hours to go: Which of these lumpers makes YOUR defensive quartet?

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please assume that everyone is fit and nobody was high during the latest drugs test.

If I have missed anybody who you think should be in contention tell me.  You can change your vote this time.  I will not reset the counter this time.  Please also state who should be first choice, first choice sub, along for the ride etc.

Before anyone mentions him, Carragher has (thankfully) retired from International football - and probably wouldn't have been quick enough to get on the plane to SA anyway.

You have one day.  Results of Strikers poll to be finalised in an hour if you haven't re-voted after my fail.

Thanks for your time.

Terry, Upson, and Ferdinand Senior are all dead certs for me.  Taking into account the assumption made in the OP.  Oh and the assumption that Ferdinand has discovered how to play again and Terry hasn't fingered Capello behind their wives backs.

4th choice considerably more difficult as the other candidates are either meh, or haven't played well in an England shirt.  So I've given it Wes Brown.  A) He is a utility player.  B) Fergy has the faith.

He'll be in the fullbacks poll - so you will be able to vote for him there (same for Brown).

I've decided that we will run the remaining polls, i.e. Full backs (4), central midfielders (4), wingers/wide players (4) and then make a decision on whether to take a 5th striker.  That way we can have a poll to see who drops out from the squad to make way.  Smart eh?

Ferdinand (Rio) and Upson. (I haven't voted for Terry but still obviously think he will be there in the end)

And Brown and Woodgate (I just think Woody is a world class defender and should be an England international and I think he should be fit for 7 games or how many there are at a World Cup)

Ferdinand (Rio) and Upson. (I haven't voted for Terry but still obviously think he will be there in the end)

And Brown and Woodgate (I just think Woody is a world class defender and should be an England international and I think he should be fit for 7 games or how many there are at a World Cup)

Woody has been fit for 3 games so far this season..

Guest firetotheworks

Ferdinand, Terry, Upson, Lescott.

If Jagielka hadnt been injured I'd have picked him, and I'd still take Brown as a replacement right back.

OK, how about we don't assume that all players are fit (not on drugs...), but assume that they will be in their normal state?

So the likes of Terry, Upson etc. should be fit...

The likes of Woodgate should be injured.

Seems pretty fair.

Guest Stephen927

World Cup forum?

Wouldn't get enough traffic to be warranted at present surely?

Obviously, it would be essential later in the year.

The football world goes on standby anyway when the World Cup is on so no harm in it just taking over this forum.

Terry, Ferdinand, Upson and Brown for me. Was tempted to go with Micah Richards instead.

Lescott has been horrific this season.I voted for the Usual suspects,Rio,Terry ,Upson + Dawson.

Lescott probably gets  the nod since he can play as a left back aswell(But thats for another thread!)

Woody has been fit for 3 games so far this season..

Oh. Didn't know that. Really should be following more Premier League football.  :doh:

So I'd take Dawson instead.

No shouts for Sol Campbell?

Added.

And I didn't reset the vote counter.  YES.

Not sure it's worth adding him, but just a thought.

I'd go for Ferdinand, Terry, Brown, maybe Lescott. Think Brown is a good option because he's fairly robust and pretty versatile.

I'd also probably have Micah Richards in the squad, whether he'd be in as a RB or whatever I don't know.

Terry, Rio, Upson and Cahill

Would have been Jagielka but he hasn't played this season so unsur as to how much his injury has affected him

Lescott isn't good enough anymore (He was always over hyped due to the goals he scored)

Why no Williamson?

He's a colossus. Walk round him