I've gone vegetarian

Parky

I'm a non-veggie living with a veggie and Quorn stuff's fine tbh.  The Quorn mince is nice and I use it for lasagne, shepherds pie, etc all the time and it's canny.  Chicken pieces aren't really anywhere near the same, but you don't really notice in stuff where there are loads of other ingredients, such as when we do tortillas and stuff.  I know a fair few vegetarians and I can't imagine that you'll struggle really.

I'm a non-veggie living with a veggie and Quorn stuff's fine tbh.  The Quorn mince is nice and I use it for lasa

gne, shepherds pie, etc all the time and it's canny.  Chicken pieces aren't really anywhere near the same, but you don't really notice in stuff where there are loads of other ingredients, such as when we do tortillas and stuff.  I know a fair few vegetarians and I can't imagine that you'll struggle really.

I've got the Quorn in and plenty of fresh veg. Top up a bit more on eggs and cheese to keep an eye on the protein and some Vitb12. I used to eat a lot of meat and I don't want my body to panic.  bluerazz.gif

I'm a non-veggie living with a veggie and Quorn stuff's fine tbh.  The Quorn mince is nice and I use it for lasagne, shepherds pie, etc all the time and it's canny.  Chicken pieces aren't really anywhere near the same, but you don't really notice in stuff where there are loads of other ingredients, such as when we do tortillas and stuff.  I know a fair few vegetarians and I can't imagine that you'll struggle really.

That Quorn mince is rank, my mams got it as part of a diet and I ate some of her food once and it was rank, it tasted like pure salt with winnets on top.

Avoid fake meat and get some awesome vegie meals down you. Pasta dishes, stir fries, curries, potato bakes, homity pie. Stuff like falafel, dal, etc., although it gets a bad wrap (HAHA!), is actually amazing if you make it yourself. When I was living with the bird I had meat maybe once a week, but we ate like royalty.

That Quorn mince is rank, my mams got it as part of a diet and I ate some of her food once and it was rank, it tasted like pure salt with winnets on top.

Is she eating the mince on its own?

As I say we tend to have it in lasagne/ shepherds pie/ tacos/ whatever, with tinned tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms... sometimes some vegetable stock.  I wouldn't go as far as saying it was as nice as proper mince in that kind of dish, but I've had some really nice veggie lasagnes and that, it's not bad at all.

Can i ask why you stopped eating meat?

:)

Basically it's not really good for you (without going into all the boring preachy details).

fair enough,

hope you can make it, i know sure as hell i cant.

however abit moderation on the meat subject perhaps wouldn't hurt for anyone :)

Avoid fake meat and get some awesome vegie meals down you. Pasta dishes, stir fries, curries, potato bakes, homity pie. Stuff like falafel, dal, etc., although it gets a bad wrap (HAHA!), is actually amazing if you make it yourself. When I was living with the bird I had meat maybe once a week, but we ate like royalty.

Good list.

I've tried making kebabs with the Linda Mccartney sausages with loads of red onion salad and humus. Yum.

Sun-dried tomatoes are excellent in that they taste quite meaty. Stick 'em in and on everything, tbh. Pasta with sundried tomatoes and cannellini beans. Amazing. Goats cheese tart with sun-dried (or oven-dried) toms. :thup:

Veg chili can be phenomenal. Pizzas are mint, and you can hoy anything you like on top. Ratatouille? And almost anything involving cheese and leeks.

Sun-dried tomatoes are excellent in that they taste quite meaty. Stick 'em in and on everything, tbh. Pasta with sundried tomatoes and cannellini beans. Amazing. Goats cheese tart with sun-dried (or oven-dried) toms. :thup:

Veg chili can be phenomenal. Pizzas are mint, and you can hoy anything you like on top. Ratatouille? And almost anything involving cheese and leeks.

Those the white beans?

Those the white beans?

Aye. You can get them in cans nee bother.

Any tips?  :aww:

Start getting used to hearing the same old "jokes" over and over again, such as tossers covering up their steak as if you're going to be mortally offended by the sight.

Don't holiday in France or Portugal (unless you're one of those "vegetarians" who eat fish). It's particularly sad being a vegetarian in France, and the only things most restaurants serve is an omelette or a salade au chevre chaud.

Italian and Indian restaurants always have something for you. Eastern Med/Middle Eastern food is good, too (lots of falafels and houmous and things made with aubergines or feta cheese). In Spain, there are lots of tapas things, as well as the ubiquitous tortilla.

Basically, it's not difficult to eat well, once you get used to the idea. All too often, though, you find yourself looking down a restaurant menu for the only thing on it that you can eat. I'm so used to that I can get confused when there's actually a choice.

>:D How can I not post here.

Parky thought you said you always go for weeks without eating meat anyway?

I used to be a very fussy eater, who can tell the freshness of meat, seafood etc, and could make plenty of comments regarding the finesse of food. Later on I became very casual in my food, and so when I became a vegetarian it was a non-issue for me because I was a very casual eater anyway.

Some other "advices" that I can share :

Eat plenty of nuts, legumes etc.

You need to consume enough vegetarian healthy fat, oils etc otherwise you will crave meat (for the fats)

Start getting used to hearing the same old "jokes" over and over again, such as tossers covering up their steak as if you're going to be mortally offended by the sight.

Don't holiday in France or Portugal (unless you're one of those "vegetarians" who eat fish). It's particularly sad being a vegetarian in France, and the only things most restaurants serve is an omelette or a salade au chevre chaud.

Italian and Indian restaurants always have something for you. Eastern Med/Middle Eastern food is good, too (lots of falafels and houmous and things made with aubergines or feta cheese). In Spain, there are lots of tapas things, as well as the ubiquitous tortilla.

Basically, it's not difficult to eat well, once you get used to the idea. All too often, though, you find yourself looking down a restaurant menu for the only thing on it that you can eat. I'm so used to that I can get confused when there's actually a choice.

Never knew that you are a vegetarian. I have always loved reading your post. Now I love you even more.