For All You Get Out Of Our Club Haters...

TheGuv

Saw this on the Coventry fans site earlier today funnily enough

To be fair NATH, i don't think you would find many chairmen willing to spend money when the supporters are singing "you fat cockney b*****d, get out of our club".......................I think Best will be a good signing for you, and seems really good value at the money being quoted.

As for CC, the jury is still well and truly out............

http://forums.coventrytelegraph.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17424&p=277380&hilit=nath&sid=4a0682f984bfb49e63c491329fe771f1#p277380

Guest Stephen927

Towards the end people tried starting off the "get out of our club" chant but it just didn't catch on in the Gallowgate.

Guest The_Scoreboard

Best chant for a long time, sounded superb tonight.

Even when Ashley is gone this tune has to be retained with different words.

Bets song for years, after Lovens signed on a free ;D

Did sound amazing when it was going on and people picking it up. just needs to spread around the ground but doubt it will arouse the east stand lot.  :rolleyes:

Unfortunately for that chant, Mike Ashley IS nufc.

???

Every morsel of 'progress' we make, be it positive or negative, be it a result/an incoming player/an outgoing player/a trophy/a league position - rests entirely on what Mike Ashley does.

Yorkie

I am no Ashley supporter at all but I think a lot of people on here need to grasp the reality of the situation currently at our club and in football in general.

Whilst Ashley has made a lot of mistakes, I doubt anyone on here, including myself, has a full understanding of the financial plight we were in. He has been forced to make cuts in order to see the club survive. We are still paying players way over their market value and the fact that he has signed some good players this last window is proof that he has supported the manager.

The likes of Beckford and Moses were not signed for reasons probably beyond Ashley's control and therefore he cannot be blamed for not getting these players. However, his silence in recent times added to the actions of supporting the manager in the last window only supports the theory that he now understands the mistakes he has made and is determined to ensure the club progresses within the financial situatioin it can operate in. Remember, we are still paying off transfer fees run up by the previous regime and I do not want us to end up like Portsmouth or Palace.

I wasn't criticising Ashley. I agree with all that you've said (bar the Moses thing - surely we could have stumped up another £500k for a young lad like him, if we were gonna blow over a million for a 'seasoned pro' like Best).

All i said was that whatever Newcastle FC does from here on in - until he's gone - depends entirely on his actions. Positive or negative. Which is true.