For All You Get Out Of Our Club Haters...

TheGuv

At least we didn't do that stupid clapping thing. de de de de dedede de de de de dedede Who the fuck started that its embarrassing :dowie:

Do you know what's more embarrassing? The deafening silence from 90% of the stadium for most of the games.

This. Level Seven and the Gallowgate are the only places that actually make any noise. The East Stand is like a theatre.

Guest HGB1892

they are, when it comes to creating an atmosphere

total horseshite. I sat in Level seven until they moved it around and took the opportunity to move to the gallowgate for a year then into the corner this year next to my mates. From level 7 you can barely hear the rest of the ground but the same is true from down the bottom, certainly from the gallowgate last year you hardly used to hear the singing section. All down to acoustics.

I sit in the East Stand and last night i could hear plenty people singing and trying to join in, obviously people were unaware of some of the new songs but they will catch after a couple of games.

Its a shame some people who sit in L7 seem to have the were better than everyone else attitude

We are.

It's good that some people are dedicated to making a noise, but the holier-than-thou, we're-above-criticism attitude is laughable.

Guest Roger Kint

total horseshite. I sat in Level seven until they moved it around and took the opportunity to move to the gallowgate for a year then into the corner this year next to my mates. From level 7 you can barely hear the rest of the ground but the same is true from down the bottom, certainly from the gallowgate last year you hardly used to hear the singing section. All down to acoustics.

I can hear the away fans though ???

Guest HGB1892

Where from?

Its very hypocritical to say Level 7 lads/lasses have a 'holier-than-thou' attitude when those criticising us of having this very attitude call us the stupid charva kids in Level 7. Whilst there is undoubtedly a charva element up there there is also a lot of young lads and lasses who are perfectly normal and passionate about singing for their team.

I'd be the first to admit "who are you" and s*** like that is utter bollocks, but when you're being pro-Newcastle for 90% of the game (regardless of whether the rest of the ground can hear it) I think it's perfectly fine for any sort of bating of the away fans for the other 10%. Without winding away fans up their wouldn't be as much of an atmosphere, it's the same in every football ground in the UK.

3 or 4 new songs have been introduced as of late, and even some of the old ones have had a good airing, yet people still complain that the new ones are s*** even if they are fairly good songs.

You really can't win to be honest.

Guest The_Scoreboard

At least we didn't do that stupid clapping thing. de de de de dedede de de de de dedede Who the f*** started that its embarrassing :dowie:

Everything seems to be embarrassing these days. In future we should all sit down and not sing or clap to make sure further shameful embarrassment is avoided.

Now that would be just like the East Stand, 'Stand up if you love the toon' was sung and participated in by only 3 sides of the ground. I love the singing, the abuse Ashley gets and the piss taking of the away fans but that clapping thing is so 'Happy'.

Guest toonlass

I sit in the East Stand and last night i could hear plenty people singing and trying to join in, obviously people were unaware of some of the new songs but they will catch after a couple of games.

Its a shame some people who sit in L7 seem to have the were better than everyone else attitude

But we are when it comes to making an atmosphere.

Guest Roger Kint

Where from?

Back of the Gallowgate about half way between East stand and the goal

I would say on the contrary. I would consider The East Stand to have the attitude problem. (my evidence is based on the majority)

Why do they feel they need not to join in with the rest of the Ground when we "stand up if we love the Toon"?

Why do they feel they need not to wave their free Black and white flags as a sign of defiance, commanded to by none other than Sir Alan of Shearer, live on TV as the teams emerge into the arena of a relegation 6 pointer?

Why do patrons feel they need to tell you to "sit down" if you happen to still be on your feet more than 4 seconds after KO?

Why does the place still smell of piss after nearly 40 years  :lol:

Why do patrons take a novel to read at half time?

Why is there little animation towards a player/referee from patrons close to a controversial touchline incident? People get chucked out of the Gallowgate for such protests?

And most importantly of all...why is there very little atmosphere at all in a compact stand with 6000 people in it?

Now, it cant be down to the fact that members of the East Stand dont love the toon as much as the other stands! So logically it can only be down to...

A...the East Stand has an attitude, not wanting to join in with everyone else.   

or

B. Laziness/boring bastard disease.

Guest michaelfoster

I would say on the contrary. I would consider The East Stand to have the attitude problem. (my evidence is based on the majority)

Why do they feel they need not to join in with the rest of the Ground when we "stand up if we love the Toon"? loads of people stand up when singing stand up if you love the toon

Why do they feel they need not to wave their free Black and white flags as a sign of defiance, commanded to by none other than Sir Alan of Shearer, live on TV as the teams emerge into the arena of a relegation 6 pointer? yes we did, alot of the east stand were waving flags, i was there waving my flag too

Why do patrons feel they need to tell you to "sit down" if you happen to still be on your feet more than 4 seconds after KO? no idea what you mean here

Why does the place still smell of piss after nearly 40 years  :lol: childish dig or due to neither current or previous chairman have invested in redecorating inside as it is desperatly outdated.

Why do patrons take a novel to read at half time? majority go inside at h/t its a small stand and usually difficult to move around

Why is there little animation towards a player/referee from patrons close to a controversial touchline incident? People get chucked out of the Gallowgate for such protests? people who get annoyed, stand up, swear & shout towards players & referees, maybe the stewards are more lenient in the East Stand due to there never being much bother cause its not full of chav kids

And most importantly of all...why is there very little atmosphere at all in a compact stand with 6000 people in it? ive sat there since i was 5, im now 22 & id say there is an atmosphere in the East Stand but due to it being the smallest stand its normally deafened by the rest of the ground

Now, it cant be down to the fact that members of the East Stand dont love the toon as much as the other stands! So logically it can only be down to...

A...the East Stand has an attitude, not wanting to join in with everyone else.    

or

B. Laziness/boring b****** disease.

Another childish dig which serves no purpose to your arguement

I used to sit in the West Stand until three years ago but I don't get to many games these days. The last game I watched live was in Level 7 and I thought it was great, a throwback to the days before all seating was brought in. Even though the view wasn't as good the atmosphere was much better. Love it.