Trouble at the match

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

Tonight seemed a bit crazy like. The lad who stands in front of me has apparantly been banned for 2 years tonight because he headbutted someone who took exception to his mate pushing in the queue at the turnstile for level 7. And then after the match a load of mainly young uns had the traffic on barrack road at a standstill as they had a stand off with the police. It was embarrassing to be honest. I was in my car and watching the police, and while I know a lot of people don't like them, they were organised as fuck tonight and knew exactly what they were going to do and charged the little charvers back onto Strawberry place.

The police presence in Toon today was clearly visiable everywhere, so they must of know something was going to go off. Cardiff fans seemd to of been drinking from early on and some of them obviously couldn't handle it. A few of our fans seemed to of reacted, and other being idiots, but these would just of been kids and the general trouble makers all round and them getting caught can only of been a good thing for the club, we could do with getting rid of the few trouble makers we have and also hopefully give some of the chav kids time to grow up.

There were Cardiff fans locked in Rosies and the police had Stowell St all cordonned off after the match when we were going to Aspers after the game.  it was kicking off at the top of Stowell st and around st.james metro just before game, although nothing massive.  We spoke to a copper after the match and he said it had been kicking off since 3pm.

stowell street sealed off after the match and my pre match pub (well awasy but still city centre and stowed oiff with taffs pre game) was having bother post game, not kicking off for fights but being stroppy and beligerent with the staff. when cops were called it was welsh police that came in.

Guest Geordiekev

Anyone see why Scooby Doo got wrestled to the ground and nicked  (behind the goal at the Leazes), Sure it was Scooby although the bloke infront reckoned it was the ginger bread man  

:idiot2:

Your right though, some complete tits around our ground tonight, great idea by the police ... lets have a 19:45 kick off on a Friday night so we can avoid Cardiff fans bumping into Wigan fans on the Saturday... yer right.

Build a wall around Wales and dont let them in here.

How's that working with the Scots?  :)

Well considering that the wall you are referring to cuts right through the centre of Newcastle to Wallsend, Its not working too good tbh. Should have built it further north.  :lol:

It's a real shame to be honest, we saw a few Cardiff fans having a good time without causing trouble. Also I've recently came back from Holiday where I made friends with a Cardiff fan who looked at people in shame when they were drunk and causing trouble on holiday. The last fw years I've been hoeping Cardiff get promoted and this year I would like to see them come up with us, but it is now obviouse they have thrown away their "would like to Cardiff come up" support from many Newcastle fans after tonight.

Anyone see why Scooby Doo got wrestled to the ground and nicked  (behind the goal at the Leazes), Sure it was Scooby although the bloke infront reckoned it was the ginger bread man  

Your right though, some complete tits around our ground tonight, great idea by the police ... lets have a 19:45 kick off on a Friday night so we can avoid Cardiff fans bumping into Wigan fans on the Saturday... yer right.

Are you sure its not to avoid Newcastle fans bumping into Sunderland fans on the Saturday?

more likely hoping cardiff fans wouldn't stop the whole weekend as many had planned a friday arrival when the fixtures came out.....so hopefully they go home on the saturday......also have you seen where leeds are on saturday ?.....hartlepool....could you imagine scith corner with those lot together or tht east coast main line trains. i alreadty understand one train was stopped every stop from birmingham for police assistance cos of taffs.

more likely hoping cardiff fans wouldn't stop the whole weekend as many had planned a friday arrival when the fixtures came out.....so hopefully they go home on the saturday......also have you seen where leeds are on saturday ?.....hartlepool....could you imagine scith corner with those lot together or tht east coast main line trains. i alreadty understand one train was stopped every stop from birmingham for police assistance cos of taffs.

Apparently nearly every hotel in the NE is fully booked this weekend, it's only good news for the NE. Now just imgine if we get the World Cup.

Guest Geordiekev

Are you sure its not to avoid Newcastle fans bumping into Sunderland fans on the Saturday?

Doubt it, we bump into eachother on a daily basis. I would like to think our fans would prefer to drink in our city after the game although I could fully understand the Mackems wantin to come and drink in ours aswell, theirs is shite.

Would have to agree that it was intended to stop 3 different groups of fans and the Wigan fan drinking in and around the same area on one night, but ffs this is Newcastle (party capital of England  :snod: ) so I'm more than sure that most will be making a weekend of it.