JH

Guest toonlass

Harper

Simpson      Billy      Colo/Hall*    Van Dutchlad

Routledge      Nolan  Guthrie      Jonas

Lovelypants      Carroll

3-0 to us

*depending who is fit.

A close 1-0 or 2-1 to us. Aftr todays big win I'm not botherd if it's a close game anymore, we've just had our big win and so long as we keep and increase the gap at the top I'm not botherd anymore. I would hope though that this will encourage the lads, and also Hughton to play an attacking team with good solid attacking football.

Start the same XI and we'll win by 2 or 3 again. Bring back Smith/Butt and we'll struggle.

Bit of balance with a bit of pace and we'll stretch them and score a few. I'll go 1-3 to us.

Like always, if we pick the right side we'll be fine, but if he plays for the draw like he always does away from home that's more than likely what we'll get.

They beat Forest recently and I have no idea what hppened in that game but I would imagine Forest would have attacked them. I thought they defended well against us at SJP with a little luck thrown in but I dont think it is a good idea to go gung ho at them. They are more than capable of hitting us on the break which sounds like what happened against Forest.

I would like to exercise caution here and the main thing is not to concede. If we can score early, then we can close it up in the final 20 and hit them on the break for a 2nd late on.

By the sounds of it, it was pretty damn physical againast Forest so I would imagine we could expect the same so it is necessary to bring Smith back in to replace Nolan. He deserves a rest anyway. Best to the bench and Lovenkrands in. Also, we need Colo back.

So, same team as last night with Smith in for Nolan, Colo for Hall and Loven for Best........................2-0 to us

They beat Forest recently and I have no idea what hppened in that game but I would imagine Forest would have attacked them. I thought they defended well against us at SJP with a little luck thrown in but I dont think it is a good idea to go gung ho at them. They are more than capable of hitting us on the break which sounds like what happened against Forest.

I would like to exercise caution here and the main thing is not to concede. If we can score early, then we can close it up in the final 20 and hit them on the break for a 2nd late on.

By the sounds of it, it was pretty damn physical againast Forest so I would imagine we could expect the same so it is necessary to bring Smith back in to replace Nolan. He deserves a rest anyway. Best to the bench and Lovenkrands in. Also, we need Colo back.

So, same team as last night with Smith in for Nolan, Colo for Hall and Loven for Best........................2-0 to us

Chris? Is that you?

Howay man, the Forrest game was a derby game - all form and shit goes out the window.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Im there Tuesday. Last away i went to was Coventry so hope thats an Omen

Will be pissed if he dosnt keep the same line up!

Harper

Simpson    Williamson    Colo      Van Legend

Guthrie

Nolan

Routledge                                        Jonas

Carroll      Lovenkrands

0-3

Needless to say Hughton may not go with this side.

It is not a wind up. Look at our performances so far this season. They have rarely excited but we have won games, especially away, due to workmanlike performances.

If we are to win these away games, first priority is not to concede. If that means stiffening the defence and hitting teams on the break, especially in the last 20 minutes we might like to intorduce some pace up front, then so be it.

But my first priority is to keep a clean sheet. Do that and we gain at least a point away.

Keep the full on attacking play to home games where the opposition can be intimidated by the home record and the crowd.

From the home games remaining, the only one that worries me is Forest and I am pretty certain we will beat them.

I think CH will put Lovenkrands in for Best and leave it otherwise:

Harper

Simpson

Hall

Williamson

van Aanholt

Routledge

Nolan

Guthrie

Gutierrez

Lovenkrands

Carroll

Subs: Krul, Kadar, Ranger, Ameobi, Best, R.Taylor, Smith

It is not a wind up. Look at our performances so far this season. They have rarely excited but we have won games, especially away, due to workmanlike performances.

If we are to win these away games, first priority is not to concede. If that means stiffening the defence and hitting teams on the break, especially in the last 20 minutes we might like to intorduce some pace up front, then so be it.

But my first priority is to keep a clean sheet. Do that and we gain at least a point away.

Keep the full on attacking play to home games where the opposition can be intimidated by the home record and the crowd.

From the home games remaining, the only one that worries me is Forest and I am pretty certain we will beat them.

You have a fair point but there's nothing wrong with loosening up. It might work in our favour to have a bit of pace up front (example).

:lol:

I agree to a certain extent. We can loosen up in thosae last 20 minutes when the opposition tire from breaking us down.

Furthermore, we can llet rip in home games because I dont see many teams stopping us at SJP from the games remaining (touch wood).

It might sound too cautious but if you cast your mind back 15 years, we lost a possible premiership because we failed to close out away games defensively when ahead because we were too gung ho in attack.

I dont want to see that happen this time.

Furthermore, we can llet rip in home games because I dont see many teams stopping us at SJP from the games remaining (touch wood).

That allowing the venue to have a psychological edge on you. It relative to the "Home Advantage" thread.

Its a patch of grass. Tactics shouldnt change. Just go out to win every game and put them on the back foot from the kick off.