Derby County Vs Newcastle United - Tues 9th Feb - 19:45 KO

JH

I honestly believe that we'll batter the f*** out of them. HTL!

I'm sure people said that about the home tie at Christmas too.

But truth is we pretty much did - without scoring - it was one of those strange games.

Derby will go for a win tonight and that should mean a better more open game.

I would say dont change a winning team, but hopefully, with the good level of competition in the squad at the moment, most players should come in to prove a point and perform....not including Butt in that though....or Pancrate....or even Raylor.

In fact, same team please, but definitely Loven in fo Best. If Hughton wants to 'combat' their midfield which I cant remember who correctly pointed out he will want to do, surely he's got the nouse to put pace up top to strecth them and get them playing backwards.

They just seem our bogey team these days. We absolutely battered them up here in the league when it finished 2-2, and even last month we had the chances to win easily.

It's so frustrating. I'd actually take a 1-0, 90th minute tap in from Nolan for this. Would be nice to get a bit of luck against them for once.

Why does everyone seem to want Lovenkrands in for Best? Just because he came off the bench and scored 2 good goals, doesn't mean he'll start well tonight.

Best had a good debut on friday and should definitely stay in the side. I'd keep the same team as v Cardiff but I think we all know Smith or Butt (Please God, not both) will be back in to 'combat' Derby's midfield, or the truth, to slow down our approach play...  :sadnod:

Still, fancy us to win it 2-1  :pow:

Lovenkrands is our best striker tbh.

Guest Brazilianbob

I think CH will go for :

Harper

Simpson                        Van Aaholt

Williamson                  Colo

Smith                Butt

Routledge      Nolan      Jonas

Carroll

Guest neesy111

I think CH will go for :

Harper

Williamson                   Colo

Routledge       Nolan       Jonas

Carroll

butt's injured btw

Guest Brazilianbob

I think CH will go for :

Harper

Williamson                   Colo

Routledge       Nolan       Jonas

Carroll

butt's injured btw

Thank you!  There is a god after all!!!  In that case Gthrie for Butt!

Guest toonlass

Carroll and Lovenkrands need a chance to become a partnership. Carroll will never gain awareness if he doesn't have a regular strike partner imo and Lovenkrands is too good to leave out.

Surely, after the Cardiff game, he's realised that we've got the beating of anyone in the league if we play a 4-4-2 with only one defensive central midfielder.  The team has balance, pace, passing ability, and good delivery from both flanks. Time to throw the cautious approach away and play to our strengths.

As I said before I wouldn't throw up if he reverts to a 4-5-1 because our new acquisitions look dangerous and I think we'd still win but it would be a step backwards IMO.

Carroll and Lovenkrands need a chance to become a partnership. Carroll will never gain awareness if he doesn't have a regular strike partner imo and Lovenkrands is too good to leave out.

Funnily enough they have never looked very good together before last Friday, neither of them seems to have two good games in a row. Maybe it was because we played better a a team, or maybe they just need some competition to keep them on their toes. Either way should be interesting to see if they have the same impact tonight.

Guest toonlass

Funnily enough they have never looked very good together before last Friday, neither of them seems to have two games in a row. 

FYP

Personally I think its more to do with having a more balanced team that made the difference

Quite frankly I'd be happy for us to scrape a win in this one just to keep up the revival in our form. Obviously I'd prefer to smash them to pieces but it's got to be all about a result given that it's away from home and our record against them has been poor over the last few years.

Would be good if we could field the same eleven two matches in a row. I don't think that has happened for a good few months. I haven't checked the teamsheets to verify that statement mind.

I think this will be a lot tougher than the Cardiff game, Derby seem to like to play against us, going for a 0:0 once again. Hope Brom and Forest slip up too.

As for team I would go with (assuming Colo is not fit):

Harper

Simpson    Hall  Williamson  Van A

Routledge  Smith  Guthrie  Jonas

Shola  Loven

CH will probably go with:

Harper

Simpson    Hall  Williamson  Van A

Smith

Routledge              Guthrie    Jonas

Nolan

Best

I'll take a point as we do not do well against these fkers.

id be happy with 2 or 3 points from our 2 away games.

The problem is Brom and Forest don't look like dropping too many points at the moment, generally speaking winning your home games and drawing your away ones should be good enough, but we may need to do a little better than that in the short term at least, to remain top.

I'll take a point as we do not do well against these fkers.

id be happy with 2 or 3 points from our 2 away games.

The problem is Brom and Forest don't look like dropping too many points at the moment, generally speaking winning your home games and drawing your away ones should be good enough, but we may need to do a little better than that in the short term at least, to remain top.

i was thinking about the following two home games being won, would keep us on target.

There's not a chance in hell he'll leave Carroll out, provided the club don't ban him due to the assault charge etc. 4-5-1 with the Carroll/Noz combo up top is my guess. The result will likely be settled by one goal to nil either way.