Derby County Vs Newcastle United - Tues 9th Feb - 19:45 KO

JH

I'll take a point as we do not do well against these fkers.

id be happy with 2 or 3 points from our 2 away games.

Anything less than four would be pretty shocking show after the Cardiff success. Just cos it's our bogey team doesn't mean they've failed to win half of their home games (losing six). There's no way we shouldn't be beating them.

Swansea are as tight as a nut at home. They've conceded five goals at home since the beginning of the season - but haven't scored many either.

it never ceases to amaze me how people begin to assume we will beat all before us after 1 good result. its never that easy, and as soon as you think it is, you fall on your arse.

I'm not assuming we'll beat anyone. At all. That's total nonsense.

It's hardly 'arrogant' or presumptuous to expect a win against Derby ffs. As has been mentioned, they're 18th and we're top by a long way. Anything less than three points here would be really bad going, like i said.

Carroll and Lovenkrands need a chance to become a partnership. Carroll will never gain awareness if he doesn't have a regular strike partner imo and Lovenkrands is too good to leave out.

Funnily enough they have never looked very good together before last Friday, neither of them seems to have two games in a row. 

FYP

Personally I think its more to do with having a more balanced team that made the difference

I would agree, I wish Hughton starts the same team just to see if an aggressive formation will work away from home. I don't see why not but we'll have to be clinical if we do go there with an attack minded team as the game will probably become quite open and the team that finishes best will win.

it never ceases to amaze me how people begin to assume we will beat all before us after 1 good result. its never that easy, and as soon as you think it is, you fall on your arse.

I'm not assuming we'll beat anyone. At all. That's total nonsense.

It's hardly 'arrogant' or presumptuous to expect a win against Derby ffs. As has been mentioned, they're 18th and we're top by a long way. Anything less than three points here would be really bad going, like i said.

if its total nonesense.....what makes you think it was directed at you?

There's not a chance in hell he'll leave Carroll out, provided the club don't ban him due to the assault charge etc. 4-5-1 with the Carroll/Noz combo up top is my guess. The result will likely be settled by one goal to nil either way.

The issue I have with playing Carroll in this one is he seems incapable of putting 2 good performances in a row together. I think Hughton will definately go with his usual negative away tactics, and that'll mean one striker, Best being his new signing may get the nod, but he could also go with either Shola or Carroll for sure.

Lovenkrands ripped Swansea to pieces, he'll start that game if Hugton has an ounce of sense.

On the other hand we were winning comfortably before he came on, and when he came on he scored twice. Could go either way!

He came on when it was 0-0, with the rest of the players.

Lovenkrands ripped Swansea to pieces, he'll start that game if Hugton has an ounce of sense.

On the other hand we were winning comfortably before he came on, and when he came on he scored twice. Could go either way!

Oh, I thought it was later, forget I said anything!

:blush:

He also only scored once. O0

You're talking about the wrong game aren't you? He started against Swansea, think you're meaning Cardiff.

FYP

Why does everyone seem to want Lovenkrands in for Best? Just because he came off the bench and scored 2 good goals, doesn't mean he'll start well tonight.

Best had a good debut on friday and should definitely stay in the side. I'd keep the same team as v Cardiff but I think we all know Smith or Butt (Please God, not both) will be back in to 'combat' Derby's midfield, or the truth, to slow down our approach play...  :sadnod:

Still, fancy us to win it 2-1  :pow:

Lovenkrands is our best striker tbh.

That's twice we've agreed today...who are you and where's Ronaldo?  :hmm:

CH seemingly hasn't heard the saying "never change the winning team" as he always does that! Obviously he's gonna do it 4-5-1 with Shola alone up front who's pretty much the only forward lacking match fitness at the moment! Is there a way to include our golden triangle(Butt-Smith-Nolan) into the team tonight? I think not but CH will prove us wrong again and will find a way!

CH seemingly hasn't heard the saying "never change the winning team" as he always does that! Obviously he's gonna do it 4-5-1 with Shola alone up front who's pretty much the only forward lacking match fitness at the moment! Is there a way to include our golden triangle(Butt-Smith-Nolan) into the team tonight? I think not but CH will prove us wrong again and will find a way!

Tonight is a big night in regards to Hughton for me.  He's seen us destroy a team with the system on sat, he should try a similar system tonight to see if it works away, if he doesn't I think it means he's not learning enough and he needs to learn fast if he's going to be here next season.