One game you have missed and regretted it ever since

MyPalAl

Here's one to debate;

I missed the Man Utd 5.0 win, and really, really wish I had been there. But being at the Asprilla/Barca game numbs the pain. But if I could turn back time, I would make sure I would be there that wonderful Sunday afternoon.

Not many to be honest, during the time I had a seaon ticket I saw a few good games, most noteably the derby against the mackems where we won 3-2 thanks to an Emre freekick which I was behind the goal for aswell. I was also there the times Shearer levelled the goal scoring record and broke it, not to mention wins against Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and a draw against Man Utd. I also saw the 2-0 win over the mackems aswell, and I was their for Shearer tesotmonial game against Celtic. Ive also been to variouse other games aswell.

A few days before, my brother, Uncle and step-dad bought tickets to the Stoke FA Cup replay while I said I wasn't going to bother.

Come the day and the several KK texts I got, cue the effing and blinding as I sat at home and listened to the atmosphere on the radio.

Bobby Robson charity match and the Barcelona win.

Other than that, seen pretty much all the good games since I was a nipper.

Living in Bournemouth now though, so doubtless will miss more than I see for the foreseeable.

I have barely been at the Camp Nou the past 5-6 years since I moved out of Barcelona, but I can't think of a particular game I hate to have missed. I managed to catch the home leg of the CL semifinal against Milan in 2006, which was the biggest game for the club since the 1990s (even though it ended 0-0 it was huge as we qualified for the final for the first time in 12 years). I guess I just pity that I haven't been present during these times, which have been the most successful in our story (maybe I was jinxing the club?)

The Man Utd 4-3 in 2001/02. Was the last season before I got my first season ticket ticket as I was still a youngster, but it really galled me that I wasn't there as I listened to it all unfold on Metro FM.

only game I've had to forcibly miss was the Everton 6-2 in 2001/02.  Was conned into going away for the Easter weekend with family.  I did have the option to stay at me mates so I could go (would've only been about 13 and don't think I could be trusted to have the house to meself for 4 days) but part of the family vented their anger that I wasn't going to go.  So instead I thought 'fair enough, its only Everton' and gave my mate my ST so he could take someone.  Turns out I missed an absolute battering, including a rare Carl Cort goal.