He's having a laugh... (Alan Carr's dad to be NUFC Chief Scout?)

toontownman

Alan Carr's dad is our new chief scout. As if we werent the butt of all jokes already.

That said, seems like he is quite highly rated and the more the merrier.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1249131/Graham-Carr-father-comedian-Alan-announced-Newcastle-chief-scout.html?ITO=1490

Graham Carr, father of comedian Alan, to be announced as Newcastle chief scout

By Sportsmail Reporter

Graham Carr, the father of TV comedian Alan Carr, will be announced as the new chief scout at Newcastle United this week.

Carr, 65, has been taken on by owner Mike Ashley to boost the club’s scouting network following the tarnished regime of previous director of football Dennis Wise.

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley

New recruit: Mike Ashley (pictured) is to hireGraham Carr as his new chief scout

It emerged at a tribunal which awarded ex-boss Kevin Keegan £2 million that Newcastle had signed an unknown Uruguayan as ‘a favour’ to two South American agents.

Carr’s last role was as part of Sven Goran Eriksson’s scouting team at Notts County.

Most of Alan Carr's stand up is based around how much his dad hated him, so he seems to have decent judgement.

That's like noticing Usain Bolt is pretty quick, though.

He's related to alex who used to post on here. Random fact for you there.

Who? Joe Pasquale?

i'll ask as i'm going to watch him in the wizard of oz (or rather i'll drunkenly shout it at him when he's on stage and scare all the kids)

after reffering to my source on all things football.................football manager it says he has an 18 in judging player ability and potential, sounds good to me. Plus wiki says hes highly rated so decent enough acquisition which will allow us to move forward