He's having a laugh... (Alan Carr's dad to be NUFC Chief Scout?)

toontownman

On a serious note, i was wondering when we would replace Wise. Far better off having a cheif scout than a director of football.

Hopefully Carr will have a greater knowledge of European football, as Hughton doesn't seem too bad with domestic affairs. This means that we will automatically have extra players to target in the summer, as most scouts will have a backlog of players whom they have scouted.

On a serious note, i was wondering when we would replace Wise. Far better off having a cheif scout than a director of football.

The nuts & bolts of the scouting was meant to be looked after by Jeff Vetre.

Thanks for correcting me, i had forgotten all about him. Regardless, that "team" needed replacing.

:lol: you're right tbh. I think the acid test will be what Ashley does in the summer; for all we know, he's just trying to make the club look more attractive for *gulp* another sale attempt.

Not sure how bringing in kids on 6 month loans and chasing random Norwegian makes us more attractive to buyers in the summer tbh.

We still have a good scouting netork in place as Ashley chose to just remove those criticised at the top; to get Carr in to head it up would be a very good move imho if possible.

Not really the sign of an owner whos looking to sell the club & not buy anyone in the summer. Reckon Ashleys having a rethink with this recent success?

I hope so. I'm not supporting Ashley here, i just think we would do better having him here than him trying to sell the club during the summer, and probably failing. If that happened chances are we'd go straight back down as no one would be brought in and no real plans for the future will be made.

Not really the sign of an owner whos looking to sell the club & not buy anyone in the summer. Reckon Ashleys having a rethink with this recent success?

I've said all along he would only sell if he made profit or got back his money which ain't gonna happen.  As long as he invests enough gets us to be mid table prem then sell us Ill be happy, as will he and thee.

Why can't we just do what normal clubs do and wait for someone to come in with an offer? Rather than faffing around with this 'putting it on the market' thing - surely all clubs are always on the market?

Why can't we just do what normal clubs do and wait for someone to come in with an offer? Rather than faffing around with this 'putting it on the market' thing - surely all clubs are always on the market?

The sound of a penny dropping? ;)

Putting the club 'on the market' was just to deflect attention from his real intentions. Most people agree on this now dont they?

The sound of a penny dropping? ;)

Putting the club 'on the market' was just to deflect attention from his real intentions. Most people agree on this now dont they?

What were his real intentions? He put us publicly on the market to try and get the hell out. It was also because it was what people wanted; he needed to stop the protests because if they continued the club would be both unstable and unmanagable.