I just caught someone trying to break into my house.

Dr Venkman

That was really awful, dont think i'll be sleeping much more tonight.

Sorry to hear that mate. what happened ?

i woke up, saw and heard my blind being pulled back by a hand, and before i could think (been out for a few drinks tonight before bed) sat up and looked out the window to be confronted by a hooded face (my bed's right next to the window), looked him in the face and said 'who the fuck are you?' and in a flash he was gone.

guess i wont be sleeping with the window open anymore, naivety on my part i'll admit. i'm just lucky he didnt have a weapon or something.

One of the worst feelings there are if you ask me.  One time I came home from work and my door was unlocked and I really didn't think anything of it, but then I got into my room and my pillowcase was gone and so was my $4k camera.  Knowing someone had been in your house is such a weird feeling.

One of the worst feelings there are if you ask me.  One time I came home from work and my door was unlocked and I really didn't think anything of it, but then I got into my room and my pillowcase was gone and so was my $4k camera.  Knowing someone had been in your house is such a weird feeling.

sorry to hear about that mate. it is a horrible feeling like, i've got two mates sleeping in rooms directly next to mine but i still feel pretty unsafe, first thing anything like that's ever happened to me. though to be honest its thinking about what might have happened thats freaking me out more than what actually did. i'm lucky i woke up, could've been so much worse.

sorry to hear about that mate. it is a horrible feeling like, i've got two mates sleeping in rooms directly next to mine but i still feel pretty unsafe, first thing anything like that's ever happened to me. though to be honest its thinking about what might have happened thats freaking me out more than what actually did. i'm lucky i woke up, could've been so much worse.

Big jessie!!

Nah, nowt worse than that shite mate.  I thought u still live back in the ghetto anyhow?

Big jessie!!

Nah, nowt worse than that shite mate.  I thought u still live back in the ghetto anyhow?

not anymore pal

Its canny disconcerting like isnt it.

I remember waking one morning, opening my window and going back to sleep to snooze. I wake up to find this head in my window looking round my room. He looked right at me and obviously didnt see me in bed, then started climbing in...Thats when I shouted at him!

He said 'Er....is, er....Tom in?' and fled!

Wish I'd let him get one leg and his head through the window and swung my Kookaburra Bubble at his back!

Had another cheeky **** try our back door to find it was open at 1 in the afternoon, and just wandered in, opened the living room door, saw us, and bolted!

Cheeky ****ing ****s.

It was a couple of years ago now, in Leeds whilst at uni.

The most annoying thing is they were like little 16 year old charvas and walking around my street and those adjacent during the day, because it was all students, you could see these kids walking up ack lanes and looking in houses...in broad daylight!

They got me in the end like, left front room window open one night and they came in and nicked my ps2, all our games and dvds, my mates gamecube. My bedroom was next door as well and I heard nowt even though they'd pulled down the mtal blinds. Window was tiny too so again must have only been little scrotty kids.

Lukiest thing is that my housemate usually left his front door and car keys next to the door in the hallway but didnt that night for some reason. If he had they could have just opened the front door, carried the tv and whatever else away, loaded it into the car and vanished.

Was told something interesting not too long ago by someone who'd been broken in to. The guy had left knives in each room in the house, and the police told him afterwards it was obviously in case he was caught. The police said though if you catch them downstairs you're not allowed to do anything but restrain them, even then if it gets into a fight you started it so your defense isnt good. But if they are upstairs, near your bedroom or potentially a threat, you're allowed to batter them!

Guest Stephen927

Horrible feeling, I woke up with one in my bedroom almost leaning over me, chased the f***er but he was so quick it was unreal.

I couldn't sleep properly for months after that.

http://static.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/officer-michaels-is-shocked_155x202.jpg

Officer Michaels: [out of breath] He’s a freak… [panting]

Officer Michaels: He’s the fastest kid alive…

Was told something interesting not too long ago by someone who'd been broken in to. The guy had left knives in each room in the house, and the police told him afterwards it was obviously in case he was caught. The police said though if you catch them downstairs you're not allowed to do anything but restrain them, even then if it gets into a fight you started it so your defense isnt good. But if they are upstairs, near your bedroom or potentially a threat, you're allowed to batter them!

thats rubbish......each case is different ie if he's trying to escape and you batter him you'll get done, if he comes at you you'll be a lot less likely to get done. why would it be more of a threat if they are in a bedroom ?

also why would the guy leave knives in each room which the person being burgaled could use instead of just carrying one round the house himself ?

all sounds a bit urban mythy to me.

thats rubbish......each case is different ie if he's trying to escape and you batter him you'll get done, if he comes at you you'll be a lot less likely to get done. why would it be more of a threat if they are in a bedroom ?

also why would the guy leave knives in each room which the person being burgaled could use instead of just carrying one round the house himself ?

all sounds a bit urban mythy to me.

You'll be right about the first thing, but the knives thing is definitely true. Obviously dont know wht the burglers thinking was though.

One time I DJed at a party not too far from where I was living in north London, then walked home with my box of records. Maybe someone followed me. I got home, went to my basement room and put down the box, opened the window because it was hot, and then stepped out of the room to speak with someone else in the house. When I returned just a couple of minutes later, someone had been in the room, nicked a camera and some cash that had been lying about. It wasn't much cash and it was an inexpensive camera, but the feeling of violation, of no longer being secure where I slept, persisted until eventually I moved somewhere else.

Mate of mine used to live in Swindon and when we played them in about 92 a few of us stopped at his place. 3 or 4 of us left the lad and another lad who were trying to pull and took his keys back to the house so we could get in.

I was sleeping next to the window and awoke to find the two of them "breaking in" by climbing in so I waited until they thought they'd got away with before jumping up and shouting "Shit burglars!" to minor heart attacks and much merriment.

Horrible feeling, I woke up with one in my bedroom almost leaning over me, chased the fucker but he was so quick it was unreal.

Was that the one who jumped out the kitchen window after you chased him around the house?

Sorry to hear that, glad that it didn't go any further than it did.

Some divvy tried to break into our old house on christmas eve. Living in a shite neighbourhood my dad always slept downstairs just in case.

Also, my grandparents place got broken into one time and my dad found out who it was. He and a mate went out looking for him one day and sneak attacked him by throwing a sack over him and beating him with a homemade baseball bat. This was in the 80s like.

CP40 has stopped a couple of intruders, once at our parents and once at his flat.

more than a couple, chased one of them up Benfield Rd, and he escaped through the Boat yard. the police stopped and gave me a lift, and said nowt about the claw hammer i was carrying. ;D

Horrible feeling, I woke up with one in my bedroom almost leaning over me, chased the fucker but he was so quick it was unreal.

Was that the one who jumped out the kitchen window after you chased him around the house?

Aye, the fucking twat. I made a thread about it on here.

Got burgled again last year as well, I wasn't in that time and the fuckers took a screw driver and crow bar to my window and dismantled it.