Lua Lua to Brighton on a loan

Guest BooBoo

As it says in the title really.

I thought this lad might have a part to play this season but it looks as if Hughton doesn't really rate him.

Guest johnson293

Aye, my boss is a Brighton fan and has just got a text off his mate about it.

At least the lad will get some first team match time, and it should do him good.

I thought he'd be ready for more first team time with us, so mixed feelings.

I can only think he just hasn't matured as quickly as he should. When I've seen him, his first instinct has been to try to beat the man in front of him - which he's good at - but that's not always the right decision for the team.

I can't help feel this is a loan to put him in the shop window rather to gain experience for his NUFC future. If he was good enough he would have got some playing time this year.

Considering we've had pretty much nothing in terms of players who can play right wing this year, it doesn't say much about Lua Lua's chances of making it at the club that he didn't get a look in.

He's 19 now, you would think he should be able to offer something in the Championship?

Maybe the loan will do him good.

I can't help feel this is a loan to put him in the shop window rather to gain experience for his NUFC future. If he was good enough he would have got some playing time this year.

he's been injured since just after his last game in the first team when we got beat in the coca cola cup,  think his injuries have held him back a bit this season,  hopefully the loan move and regular football should help him.

I doubt Lua Lua will amount to much, he seems to be a bit thick tbh. Plays just like his brother running into blind alleys and probably really difficult to play with for team mates. He should have been pushing for first team action this season but he hasn't made his case very well on the odd occasion he's been given an opportunity.

Let's be honest, 95% of what comes from our academy turns out to be complete shite, not even fit for the championship.

Its quite appalling really. Even the likes of Boro are streets ahead of us. In the last ten years, only really Taylor and Shola have come through to be regulars.

Guest Stephen927

Sunderland have tons of Geordie lads in their youth set-up, players like Colback who were born in Newcastle and who travelled from Killingworth to Sunderland for youth games.

Let's be honest, 95% of what comes from our academy turns out to be complete s****, not even fit for the championship.

Its quite appalling really. Even the likes of Boro are streets ahead of us. In the last ten years, only really Taylor and Shola have come through to be regulars.

Well...around 95% of all academy players of all top teams does the same! With Boro, West Ham or Villa being exceptions...name a Chelsea academy player who made it to the first team? or Spurs or whatever