Accents - Best, worst, most annoying

Super Duper Branko Strupar

What is your favourite accent, least favourite or absolutely abhored?

I've just been listening to an interview with MS Dhoni and I absolutely love the Indians and Sri Lankan's accents when they speak English.

In terms of English I do like some Scottish accents, especially on lasses, dont mind Brummie as long as its not too strong.

Really hate cockney as a general rule...Spurs and Arsenal cockney, and sa'af landan as well...they just grate on me. Jermaine Defoe's accent is atrocious!

Like the london one as I have one. Like scouse, think its very amusing. Don't like brummie/manc/mackem/teesside/cornish. love geordie/scottish/northern irish (paddy maguireish)

Guest GAMMELL

In Ireland? Every fucking accent outside of Dublin, sing-talking, mulchie spouting bastards. What the fuck is "alright bossman" ? Inbred cockends  :sigh:

In Ireland? Every fucking accent outside of Dublin, sing-talking, mulchie spouting bastards. What the fuck is "alright bossman" ? Inbred cockends  :sigh:

Aye, Skanger and D4 accents are the business like. :lol:

Cork accent is woeful mind you.

Guest GAMMELL

D4 I'll give you, incredibly irritating. Nobody listens to skangers so fuck 'em.

What part of the country you from then?!

D4 I'll give you, incredibly irritating. Nobody listens to skangers so fuck 'em.

What part of the country you from then?!

Westmeath originally, very flat accents there.

Lived in Cork these last two years, lived in Galway for 4 before that. I've developed somewhat of a general Irish accent at this point I'm told, which is grand. :lol:

Guest toonlass

Best Geordie, Scandinavian, Glasweigan, Worst and most annoying Brummie, Saaafff Lundaaarrrrn, Mackem and the way people from south shields say food "fud". (sorry lanky, tooj etc)

Hate the cockney accent, don't really like the New York one either, same for the accent from good old Alabama.

Like very much when Swedish women talk English and the Norwegians also. quite like the Welsh when they speak.