debt collection agencies

SAK

Need some advice, I cancelled my membership to fitness first gym in october as I was moving home and wrote to them to cancel. I collected some letters from my old place and they sent a letter dated 20 january stating I had an active membership and the Direct Debits had failed and they the would refer the debt to an agency. I'm  gonna call Fitness First tomorrow to sort this out but if they refuse to deal with me what power does this agency have can they levy interest on the debt and if they send baliffs what power do they have.

In my experience they're all threats and no action. Tell them to stick it up their arse.

It'll cost them more to do anything then it would be to write it off.

Worst thing that will/can happen is that you'll take a knock on your credit rating.

Need some advice, I cancelled my membership to fitness first gym in october as I was moving home and wrote to them to cancel. I collected some letters from my old place and they sent a letter dated 20 january stating I had an active membership and the Direct Debits had failed and they the would refer the debt to an agency. I'm  gonna call Fitness First tomorrow to sort this out but if they refuse to deal with me what power does this agency have can they levy interest on the debt and if they send baliffs what power do they have.

They did exactly the same thing to my mate, he rang them and they admitted it was their fault and called off the debt-collectors, well I assume they did because they no longer ring up my house and ask if he lives there and the bank were fine with offering a mortgage, seems like they make a habit of it then, the useless fucks.