toothache

Guest Kenton Magpie

Guest Kenton Magpie

What a complete bastard, brush my teeth twice a day and use speical mouthwash yet I've recently been struck down with the worst type of toothache I've had the misfortune to encounter.

Anyone else got any bad toothache stories and any ideas on how to combat it other than the obvious such as painkillers etc?

Guest firetotheworks

What a complete b******, brush my teeth twice a day and use speical mouthwash yet I've recently been struck down with the worst type of toothache I've had the misfortune to encounter.

Anyone else got any bad toothache stories and any ideas on how to combat it other than the obvious such as painkillers etc?

Floss, Bonjela, Dentist.

I've had a few bad abcess like, the last time it was on a wisdom tooth, it got to the stage where ibruprofin didn't work. Found a site on the web at 4am in agony where people post suggestions and garlic worked for me, if you've got a cavity anyway.

Chew up a clove and rest it on the effected area for a couple of mins, pain went completely and I slept like a log which I hadn't been able to do for days.

Go to the dentist though, wish I had it pulled as soon as it started.

Trip to the destist.

Just make sure he doesn't knock you out to remove the tooth.  I once came out with a really sore throat and minus a tooth.  My throat was killing me.  I went to the docs, ssaid it has been bruised and asked what i had been doing.

Doc said continue eating and drinking it will get better.

A few months later i watched panorama, the investigation was called "dentists who deepthroat".  i was fucking shocked.  They knocked out their cleints and used them as chutney pots, taking pics of their pals etc.

I felt violated. 

Slightly related but that oil of cloves stuff they put on your gaping wound when they extract a tooth is the dogs bollocks tbh. feels proper mint.

I imagine if I had my leg chopped off and then covered the wound with oil of cloves then I'd be just champion.

What a complete bastard, brush my teeth twice a day and use speical mouthwash yet I've recently been struck down with the worst type of toothache I've had the misfortune to encounter.

Depends what it is tbh, if you can isolate the pain and can feel a cavity or 'roughness' on one or more sides of your tooth then there aint much you can do, if it's a wisdom tooth and you are reasonably young then there is not much you can do either, basically unless you have strong painkillers i.e. codeine, tramadol etc then there isn't much just get to a dentist.  Take the strongest medication you can find and wash your mouth out with salty water, don't use mouthwash or brush your teeth till you see a dentist as it will make it worse.

I remember when I had it a few years back, I swear I'd rather have broken my arm.  toothache is a bastard.

Slightly related but that oil of cloves stuff they put on your gaping wound when they extract a tooth is the dogs bollocks tbh. feels proper mint.

I imagine if I had my leg chopped off and then covered the wound with oil of cloves then I'd be just champion.

they might bandage it up after that. after a skin transplant.

I remember when I had it a few years back, I swear I'd rather have broken my arm.  toothache is a bastard.

Just had a bad toothache myself recently and I am right there with you.  Worst pain ever.  Mine was on a front tooth too so the whole front of my face was throbbing.

Toothache is the worst pain for me as well (earache second). It's absolutely fucking horrible. My wisdom tooth got infected a while ago and I woke up with shooting pains all the way through my head, it was horrendous.

Codeine-based painkillers work the best for me.

Guest GAMMELL

Toothache is the worst pain for me as well (earache second). It's absolutely f***ing horrible. My wisdom tooth got infected a while ago and I woke up with shooting pains all the way through my head, it was horrendous.

Way too addictive is Codeine

Guest Kenton Magpie

Finally getting this looked at later on today after a hell of a weekend, anyone know if a dentist can just pull your dead tooth out there and then if required or does it require further attention by making a visit to a dental surgery like the one at the RVI?

Finally getting this looked at later on today after a hell of a weekend, anyone know if a dentist can just pull your dead tooth out there and then if required or does it require further attention by making a visit to a dental surgery like the one at the RVI?

Depends, they may say its fixable like they did with me but mine was so painful i said tek the fecker out.

It was a hell of a job.

Depends, they may say its fixable like they did with me but mine was so painful i said tek the fecker out.

It was a hell of a job.

Aye, seconded. My wisdom tooth was infected so it needed to be taken out and I got antibiotics for the infection.

The local dentist said he could do it but he would rather refer me to the surgeon. So he put in a temp filling and gave me painkillers... that was OK for a few days.

As soon as he expressed any reluctance to do it himself I just said he didn't have to - last thing I wanted was a botched job!

Toothache is the worst pain for me as well (earache second). It's absolutely fucking horrible. My wisdom tooth got infected a while ago and I woke up with shooting pains all the way through my head, it was horrendous.

I had an infected one as well, it was insane. I was at work hunched over my desk sweating and nearly passing out. That's when I decided I needed an emergency appointment!

Guest Kenton Magpie

Gets better, on a 5 day course of amoxicillin to clear up any infection then its two teeth being yanked out follwed by an x-ray on a 3rd and a few fillings. My life doesnt get any better than this  :banghead:

Toothache is the worst pain for me as well (earache second). It's absolutely f***ing horrible. My wisdom tooth got infected a while ago and I woke up with shooting pains all the way through my head, it was horrendous.

Way too addictive is Codeine

My dentist told me codeine didnt work for toothache. i just take enough painkillers to make me go to sleep for a few hours, cant feel pain if you're asleep

I'd been getting a bit of toothache in my wisdom tooth just recently, and was fearing the worst. Fortunately, a pleasant and generous chav removed it for me the other night, with no added fee. :)

What happened mate? Must have been some punch/kick to knock out your wisdom tooth.

I'd been getting a bit of toothache in my wisdom tooth just recently, and was fearing the worst. Fortunately, a pleasant and generous chav removed it for me the other night, with no added fee. :)

What happened mate? Must have been some punch/kick to knock out your wisdom tooth.

Aye i was sent to the floor like. Just some pissed up chav really, irritating some of the lasses we were with. Me being the brave, heroic diplomat just went over to chat to him and he took exception to the fact that one of them 'was my girlfriend'. The tooth came out like an hour later.

I was more bothered about me glasses tbh. :lol:

Fell from some racking at work, about 3 metres up and smacked my mouth/teeth off the ladder steps.  Front right tooth bent back 90 degrees, had to shove it back in but managed to ram the tooth to the right of that half way back up the gum...  Off to the Dental Hospital for some 'urgent' work on Friday, I could be set for some front-teeth-falsers.. :celb:

Fell from some racking at work, about 3 metres up and smacked my mouth/teeth off the ladder steps.  Front right tooth bent back 90 degrees, had to shove it back in but managed to ram the tooth to the right of that half way back up the gum...  Off to the Dental Hospital for some 'urgent' work on Friday, I could be set for some front-teeth-falsers.. :celb:

Get some shiny metal ones.