Ashley sets up new long term transfer strategy - Sunday Sun

Guest michaelfoster

Keane comes with baggage IMO. You have to ask why is it he never stays anywhere for more than a few games?

I've not heard of any baggage in terms of off-the-field stuff. But every club he goes to seems to get disillusioned with him after a season or two, and he hasn't quite found his level.

Keane produces moments of eye-catching skill which might tempt clubs to see him as the answer, but he's not particularly quick or strong for a player that seems to prefer an out and out striker role. Clubs tend to eventually opt for someone with more physical presence.

I rate Ranger and I'd like to see him given more game time.

Totally agree with this. Speaking to Spurs fans they haven't rated him since he came back, he didn't do anything at Liverpool so his last reasonable form was 2 years ago as he approaches his 30s. No thanks.

And again on the Ranger issue, he's still not had a proper run in the team. I think he's totally equipped for the Championship and playing week in week out would bag a fair few goals. Unfortunately it's likely that won't happen with us, I really hope he does go out on loan rather than get flogged though. Hughton does keep mentioning him so seems he does have a future.