The real agenda behind global warming....Population control???

Parky

JONATHON PORRITT, one of Gordon Brown’s leading green advisers, is to warn that Britain must drastically reduce its population if it is to build a sustainable society.

Porritt’s call will come at this week’s annual conference of the Optimum Population Trust (OPT), of which he is patron.

The trust will release research suggesting UK population must be cut to 30m if the country wants to feed itself sustainably.

Porritt said: “Population growth, plus economic growth, is putting the world under terrible pressure. "

SS

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article5950442.ece

Should rather just throw billions after billions at attempting to do some terraforming of Mars before the end of the next century tbh.

Terraforming or colonies?

I may or may not have watched this recently http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/expedition-week/4588/Overview :shifty:

Colonies first, then when you've got people on the ground in self sustaining environments, you can start fucking around with greenhouse gases (I think that's the plan) in an attempt to build an atmosphere.

Guest Stephen927

Another exciting thread from Parky...........

http://sokaniwaal.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/sleeping-kid.jpg

Is that your legendary irish humour? Or did we crush that?

Oh fuck.

Should rather just throw billions after billions at attempting to do some terraforming of Mars before the end of the next century tbh.

I may or may not have watched this recently http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/expedition-week/4588/Overview :shifty:

Colonies first, then when you've got people on the ground in self sustaining environments, you can start fucking around with greenhouse gases (I think that's the plan) in an attempt to build an atmosphere.

Surely it's better to use a few decades planning how to perform the terraforming, then sending out the necessary amount of people and material to start doing the ground work for the terraforming, then do it and actually have a living environment to colonize?

Obama has cancelled the moon missions bro.  :kasper:

The moon, yes. Mars is still on.

Nah.

Surely it's better to use a few decades planning how to perform the terraforming, then sending out the necessary amount of people and material to start doing the ground work for the terraforming, then do it and actually have a living environment to colonize?

I'm no expert, just an asshole that saw a documentary, but they're planning how to perform it here on Earth. The plan is to use greenhouse gasses to create global warming on Mars, raising the temperature enough for all the necessary resources already available on the planet to "wake up".

Something like this will probably take decades/centuries to accomplish, though. So, atm the most feasible method of colonization would be in those wacky sci fi bubble communities. But even that would take decades.

Essentially, traffic is going to suck for the entirety of all our lives. But our great x 4 grand kids might lose a car length here or there.

Nah.

Shame they're still working on it then.

Nah.

Shame they're still working on it then.

What 2025? America will be bankcrupt within 5 years.

Here is the real trick...Taxing and making money from thin AIR...

The Carbon Markets division of Bloomberg New Energy Finance is the leading provider of high quality research and analysis across all of the world's carbon markets. Our raison d'etre is simple - to enable clients to make better investment and trading decisions. We do this by combining regular market commentary with detailed market modelling and thorough independent research. Our clients include energy companies, banks and fund managers throughout the world.

The analysis of each market is grounded in thorough quantitative and qualitative research, incorporating over a decade of experience analysing emissions markets working closely with policy makers, traders, investors and project developers. During this time we have established a reputation for thought leadership, attention to detail and transparency. Our analysis is now relied upon by leading names in the industry and a number of governmental institutions. Our analysis covers five key markets:

I'm no expert, just an asshole that saw a documentary, but they're planning how to perform it here on Earth. The plan is to use greenhouse gasses to create global warming on Mars, raising the temperature enough for all the necessary resources already available on the planet to "wake up".

Something like this will probably take decades/centuries to accomplish, though. So, atm the most feasible method of colonization would be in those wacky sci fi bubble communities. But even that would take decades.

Essentially, traffic is going to suck for the entirety of all our lives. But our great x 4 grand kids might lose a car length here or there.

I wasn't being totally serious saying they should do it before the end of the century, man :lol: Just that it'd be rather cool, like in the documentary. Much cooler than population control.

We could, though! That's what's so frustrating. It shouldn't take 90 years to have martian colonies, man. If we really gave a shit, we could be fucking around on Titan in 90 years.

I wish the terrorists were trying to get into space.

I wasn't being totally serious saying they should do it before the end of the century, man :lol: Just that it'd be rather cool, like in the documentary. Much cooler than population control.

It's 2031 actually, just checked. It would be great but I don't think it will happen for quite some time, the West is really out of money...You can't really cool your way round that sadly.

We could, though! That's what's so frustrating. It shouldn't take 90 years to have martian colonies, man. If we really gave a shit, we could be fucking around on Titan in 90 years.

Are Americans just going to blame EVERYTHING ON TERRORISM or are they all brainwashed?? Serious question.

Are Americans just going to blame EVERYTHING ON TERRORISM or are they all brainwashed?? Serious question.

I was referencing the Russians and the old space race and how we all got behind the mission to the moon. If our enemy was trying to do something other than blow up cars and cafe's, we'd have a little fucking scientific curiosity.

I think he was joking tbf.

edit: seems he wasn't.