Napoleon Total War

Northerngimp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

aye, played it a few times, got two campaighns going on world comination.

Uk - built up my economy but left it way to alte to help my allies in europe. Now its just a slogging match with france.

Russia - you get left pretty much alone from everyone but you may need to help Austria out as they get France at them straigh away.  I built up my economy, knocked a few amries up, knocked the ottomans out of the game and took control of greece.  Then sent armies to help Austria.

Looks pretty good, i've only played up to Medieval 2 but I used to love these games. I would imagine a new PC is in order for this though.

What countries can you be on that one? And what age is it? I think I saw the British Redcoats in the trailer, if they're a faction i'm 100% interested in the game.

Starts at 1700 ends 1799 depending on what format you play. I always do a world domination which i never ever complete but its fun playing.

Nations, christ loads of them

Major nations

UK

France

Russia

Poland & Lithuanian

Austria

Spain

Martha Confedrecy

Sweden

Ottoman Empre

Loads of Minor nations, which include 5 or 6 native american tribes.

I like Empire, its got far more "what if" to it then Napoleon TW. 

Empire is cheap as chips now.  And has a canny bit of download content from, steam.  Extra units and a game mode playing as a native american tribe etc.

It's always good giving the Frenchies a good arse kicking on the Total War games, might look into this weekend if they have it in town.

How long as the turns in this ? I really liked empire but I wanted shorter turn lengths as it meant you would move an army and the ai would just march around and attack your city, having 3 months per turn was a bit silly.

How long as the turns in this ? I really liked empire but I wanted shorter turn lengths as it meant you would move an army and the ai would just march around and attack your city, having 3 months per turn was a bit silly.

Nah they reduced it to weeks.

• 1 year later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye, its decent. Sea battles aren't that much fun, and usually ends up like a Benny Hill skit. Rest of the game is good.