Can YOU do Primary School Mathematics?

GG

Dispatches on C4 last night was about the poor standards of Maths teaching in some primary schools. They got 155 teachers to sit a slightly longer version of the following test, aimed at year 6 children, and the average score was 45%.

To be able to get qualified to become a teacher, you have to have a minimum of grade C at GCSE, but you can do this by getting just 50% on the exams. No wonder maths scores in primary schools have levelled out in the last few years. If our teachers are using the same old 'I hate maths' cliche, how are they going to be able to inspire children to do well in the subject and enjoy learning it?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/articles/maths-quiz

Take the test yourself. How well did you do? How shit are our teachers?

12 out of 14.  Messed up the first question but had an inkling that's how fraction division worked.  Plus I mucked up one cos I thought it had just regenerated the same question when in actual fact it was after a percentage rather than the fraction I'd just given.  Not as good as The Impossible Quiz.

12 out of 14.  Messed up the first question but had an inkling that's how fraction division worked.  Plus I mucked up one cos I thought it had just regenerated the same question when in actual fact it was after a percentage rather than the fraction I'd just given.  Not as good as The Impossible Quiz.

I read it as a multiplication. :doh:

Exactly the same as the above.