Road to Guantanamo.

Parky

Was quite looking forward to catching it in Germany at a quaint little art cinema in Hamburg. Nice student bar next door where I always get talking to girls.

Anyway back to the film which is a mix of docu/drama and re-enacment. Reasonably well put together, but I left the film still mystifyied how 3 lads from Brum managed to end up in Guantanamo bay.

It seems to me they were going to a wedding in Pakistan, got a bus into Afghanistan 'for a laugh'...then got lost and ended up in Kandahar hanging out with Taliban types just as the Americans attacked.

They are either incredibly stupid or very unlucky.

Anyway got a phone no. in the bar afterwards. :lol:

Was quite looking forward to catching it in Germany at a quaint little art cinema in Hamburg. Nice student bar next door where I always get talking to girls.

Anyway back to the film which is a mix of docu/drama and re-enacment. Reasonably well put together, but I left the film still mystifyied how 3 lads from Brum managed to end up in Guantanamo bay.

It seems to me they were going to a wedding in Pakistan, got a bus into Afghanistan 'for a laugh'...then got lost and ended up in Kandahar hanging out with Taliban types just as the Americans attacked.

Bollocks Parky - please tell me you didn't buy that shit made-up story of theirs did you??? A clearer case of Islamist towel-head freaks trying to cover their sorry terrorist arses I never did see...

It may interest you Parky I heard on the radio tonight there are an estimated 6,000 foreign nationals detained by the Americans under their rendition policy.  No-one knows where they are being held.  At least at Guantanamo people knew these lads were there.

I have to say I'm sceptical that someone gets on the bus to Afghanistan for a laugh.  It seemed a very un-laughy sort of place under the Taliban & not much better now.

Did you ever ring the number on the matchbook by the way? Huh?  Huh?

I have to say GM their story did seem rather ludicrous.....But they just seemed too 'thick' to really know what they were doing. There actually was a scene where a bloke in a cafe asked them if they wanted to 'help people and see Afghanistan as it really is'. At which point any sane man would  have paid the bill and scarpered.

Guest Magnetic North

Stop right there! Holy f***ing smoke and mirrors!

...there's never a dull moment with you Parky!  :lol: