Is questioning reality genetic or taught?

Parky

Questioning? Depends on what you reckon the factors of questioning, and at what age you learn not to question authority etc...

IMO we're conditioned....But the people who resist a 'verison' of reality, who question it could well be genetically different....

Inert inquisitiveness? I think all kids are born with their eyes open, ready to search for the edges of their environment, asking questions by exploring everything. Once they are old enough to be disciplined this can be suppressed (generally for the own good of the child?).

So unless I'm getting you wrong here, are you asking wether only certain people retain that questioning (einstein, plato etc...), or wether only those people ever possessed that attribute?

Inert inquisitiveness? I think all kids are born with their eyes open, ready to search for the edges of their environment, asking questions by exploring everything. Once they are old enough to be disciplined this can be suppressed (generally for the own good of the child?).

So unless I'm getting you wrong here, are you asking wether only certain people retain that questioning (einstein, plato etc...), or wether only those people ever possessed that attribute?

Well I'm wondering what else it could be...All of us and certainly me are pretty much conditioned to accept a handed down reality one that is essentially bad for us and certainly this planet. There seems though every generation produces certain types that don't buy into all this shit...The remain like children if you like (Einstein was certainly one)...

You see now the haste that is apparent for gene manipulation (Obama passing the new stem cell ok)...

So you reckon you could make geniuses by allowing them to turn on an inquisitiveness genes in embryos? Sounds like a nice way to make a bunch of psychos...

No mate geniuses are no good, they get in the way. In fact people thinking too much about anything has no value. Reality of any kind only exists when there is a critical unquestioning mass believeing in it...Those things need to be homogenised out, the lowest common denominator must take hold. So, it could be argued that global warming is a pre-cursor to behaviour modification. It's a duality you see we can't think about it logically, we all feel guilty about over consuming and yet we can't ether confront the vector that the planet might be overpopulated. The result is we hand over the descision making to someone else/leaders.

Here is an extract from Churchill when before the 2nd world war he came into contact with the British aristocracy...

``They were all interested to see me, having heard of my activities, and also on account of my father's posthumous prestige. Naturally I was on my mettle, and not without envy in the presence of these young men only two or three years older than myself, all born with silver spoons in their mouths, all highly distinguished at Oxford or Cambridge, and all ensconced in safe Tory constituencies, I felt indeed I was the earthen pot among the brass....

``The conversation drifted to the issue of whether peoples have a right to self-government or only to good government, what are the inherent rights of human beings and on what are they founded? From this we pushed on to slavery as an institution. I was much surprised to find that my companions had not the slightest hesitation in championing the unpopular side on all these issues; but what surprised me still more, and even vexed me, was the difficulty I had in making plain my righteous and indeed obvious point of view against their fallacious but most ingenious arguments. They knew so much more than I did, that my bold generalities about liberty, equality, and fraternity got seriously knocked about....''

Questioning? Depends on what you reckon the factors of questioning, and at what age you learn not to question authority etc...

IMO we're conditioned....But the people who resist a 'verison' of reality, who question it could well be genetically different....

Or not. I remember a couple of times in primary school when the teacher said something was different from what my parents had told me. It was a bit of a crisis for the seven- or eight-year-old me, these two sources of what I needed to know about the world being in disagreement. One of the questions was whether it was a wasp or a bee that died after it had stung you. Teacher said wasp, parents said bee. They couldn't both be right. I reckon I've been a questioning type since about that time, as it was clear that the people who were supposed to know what was what could not be trusted. That's nurture not nature. OTOH, in such discrepancies it always turned out that my parents had the correct answer, both of them being intelligent and well-read folks, so maybe there's a bit of genetics in there too.

Or not. I remember a couple of times in primary school when the teacher said something was different from what my parents had told me. It was a bit of a crisis for the seven- or eight-year-old me, these two sources of what I needed to know about the world being in disagreement. One of the questions was whether it was a wasp or a bee that died after it had stung you. Teacher said wasp, parents said bee. They couldn't both be right. I reckon I've been a questioning type since about that time, as it was clear that the people who were supposed to know what was what could not be trusted. That's nurture not nature. OTOH, in such discrepancies it always turned out that my parents had the correct answer, both of them being intelligent and well-read folks, so maybe there's a bit of genetics in there too.

Oh I agree, if parents pass on knowledge (genetic/teaching) then you are of course resistant to nonsense. But what happens when all knowledge is polluted? The whole veggie thing for instance, my family always have been....Took me some time to get round to it however.

Fwiw the over population/global warming agenda is about getting us to accept GM food and food that never goes off...ha