Civilization V

fuhg

Should download Fall From Heaven 2 (mod for Civ 4) if you are going to start playing again. I've spent more time playing that mod than the game it self.

Yeah, I like that quite a bit as well. BUG for BTS is still my favourite mod mind. The factthat they've mentioned that civ v will have increased modibility is incredible - civ iv has one of the best and most varied set of mods I can ever remember seeing on a game. Can't wait to see what the community do with this when it gets released.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I want to play Civ 5 so bad.

I'd willingly get raped by 5 black people in a dark alley just to get some Civ 5.

Yeah? :lol:

Let me call some of my people.

You hang out with a lot of raging rapists?  :lol:

Well as long as they bring Civ 5 bring em =]

Wish this was coming out on xbox, don't think my 10 year old pc would cope.

RTS's and turn-based strategies are horrible on consoles though. Micro-management is painful on a controller, and selecting tiny things on screen quickly/efficiently/accurately sucks donkey dick without a mouse.

Civ warrants a new PC, even if you can't afford it.

• 3 weeks later...

Now available for pre-order through Steam.

Sid Meier's Civilization® V Shipping with Steamworks - Pre-Purchase Now! - Plus Save 75% on all existing Civilization titles on Steam

Announcement - Valve

2K Games and Valve today announced an agreement to power all PC versions of the highly anticipated Sid Meier's Civilization V with many of Steamworks' features and offer a special Digital Deluxe Edition via Steam. Customers who pre-order the regular or Digital Deluxe editions of Sid Meier's Civilization V on Steam will be rewarded with a free map pack when the game launches in fall 2010.

Sid Meier's Civilization V players will enjoy the benefits of the Steamworks' features included in all PC versions, such as auto-updating, Steam Achievements, downloadable content, ability to access from any computer*, multiplayer matchmatching and more.

Sid Meier's Civilization V Digital Deluxe Edition will expand players' conquests with the new Babylonian civilization and their ruler, Nebuchadnezzar II (c. 630 - c. 561 B.C.). As King of Babylon, gamers will be able to expand their empire with advanced Babylonian Bowmen to rightfully earn the title of Nebuchadnezzar the Great. Sid Meier's Civilization V Digital Deluxe Edition will also include an in-depth "Behind the Scenes at Firaxis with Civilization V" video feature, as well as the game's epic soundtrack.

Gamers who pre-order any version of Sid Meier's Civilization V from Steam will receive the downloadable bonus content, Cradle of Civilization Map Pack: Mesopotamia for free when the game is available. The map pack will let players experience the traditional Western and Middle Eastern "Cradle of Civilization." The pack will include the Fertile Crescent with the Nile River valley to the west and extending east down the Tigris and Euphrates river valleys to the Persian Gulf. Leaders will be able to explore new terrain, cultures and conquests.

For those who can't wait for the immersive experience of Sid Meier's Civilization V, 2K Games is proud to offer a Steam-wide 75% off sale on all previous Civilization titles for a limited time beginning May 6, 2010.

release date 1. sep by the way.

Such a good budget buy... 50 dollars for hundreds hours of gameplay. Really hope they make automated workers non-retarded in Civ 5, hated how you had to control the workers manually in civ 4 else they would build a windmill over your gold mine or something.

Ah just remembered this, oh how I know the feeling :D

Shame there's not a multi buy option for 4..

Anyway someone will have to teach me this game when it comes out, I've played IV briefly but didn't understand much and I'm already aboard the hype train for this :lol:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3900/

Not sure if it's what you meant but the complete civ iv is less than £7 on steam at the moment. Total bargain.

Awesome deal. Have it pirated, but bought for that price. Not tried Colonization, looks pretty decent.

I got it aswell If you fancy a game sometime.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3900/

Not sure if it's what you meant but the complete civ iv is less than £7 on steam at the moment. Total bargain.

Awesome deal. Have it pirated, but bought for that price. Not tried Colonization, looks pretty decent.

I got it aswell If you fancy a game sometime.

Civ MP is ridiculously fun, all the plotting and back stabbing   :smitten:

I still don't really know what I'm doing in it yet, really can't see where the strategy is.. hopefully I'll have it all learnt by the time V comes out :)