Video editing software

Guest guinness_fiend

Guest guinness_fiend

I'm due to attend a mate's stag do in June and a bunch of us have decided that it'd be nice/embarrassing to produce a video of his exploits during the course of the week, as a memento of his last week of freedom.

Can any of you recommend a decent all-in-one package that I should pick up?  It needs to feature a range of special effects as well as do basic tasks like normalise/rotate videos and be fairly straightforward, although I'm very handy when it comes to PC applications, so I reckon that I'd be able to get my head around a higher-end package fairly quickly.

Cheers chaps!

Depends on how much you want to spend. Pinnacle Studios is a cheap option but rather shit in the grand scheme (i.e. beyond doing home videos), Avid Xpress is a more expensive option that will have you covered in all situations. If you have Mac it's only Final Cut that matters.

You also have Sony and Adobe in there as well as mid-range price options, but I'm not a fan of either.

Guest guinness_fiend

I managed to get a copy of Avid Xpress, Kaizero.  It looks pretty decent, so thanks for the recommendation - much appreciated.