anybody here a buyer for a company?

lovejoy

What type of supplies mate?  I buy quite a bit stuff in for our place but I dunno what it is you're getting at.

Don't think he's got much of a clue either by the sounds of it.

to be honest i havnt.

im looking to source building materials so i can buy them all in house.

no idea where to begin, and wondered if anybody on here did, and/or was looking for some temp work.

to be honest i havnt.

no idea where to begin, and wondered if anybody on here did, and/or was looking for some temp work.

Work out what you need and Google it, you can probably buy off the Internet but you could buy crap quality and you could end up paying more if the transport costs are too high.  When I buy off the net I usually search for what I'm after and find the best deal then search the company to see what people are saying about them.  If I find anything which looks dodgy then I'll work through the list until I'm happy that I'm going to get what I want and when I want it.

Some companies don't stock everything that they sell and you can end up waiting for weeks before you get what you've ordered.

What type of supplies mate?  I buy quite a bit stuff in for our place but I dunno what it is you're getting at.

to be honest i havnt.

would you just get a trade account with a local builders merchant? will most likely deliver to your door.

to be honest i havnt.

That all makes a bit more sense now you've explained it a bit more, and knowing that you're a slum landlord of this region, then any indication that you're looking to invest in the properties you rent out at vastly overinflated rates is surely to be welcomed, if only because it's comforting to know that you do have a conscience after all, and you're not just a money-grabbing heartless capitalist bastard on the make. ;)

Would I be right in thinking you're seeking to make some bulk purchase economies of scale on the properties you've bought? Think cp40's advice would be worth checking out, in all honesty. Otherwise, my advice to you would be to see if any other landlord/property developer types you know have any mates in the trade who could do you a good price (mate's rates) on paint, carpets, sinks, kitchen equipment and that.

where does this slum landlord notion come from anyway?

im not re-investing in the hosues we have, everything we let is a full new renovation, so im looking to have cntractors on labour only and to supply all of the materials for them.

i basically want to become a merchant myself.

You need to make contact with a distributor of the types of materials you need and arrange for their rep to come and visit you so that you can discuss your needs with an expert in that field.

I am in sales (not building materials though) and would be delighted to hear from a new prospect that I could sell my stuff to so you will have no trouble finding people willing to help.